2023’s fashion encompasses lots of throwbacks

Photo Credit: photo via neersyde.com under Creative Commons licenses
2023 was definitely a year of interesting fashion comebacks. Some people chose the 80s, some the 90s, but a major comeback was 2000 and 2010’s fashion.

Low rise, baby tees, cargo pants and Uggs have been seen in almost every clothing store. Stores like Urban Outfitters have a wide variety of clothes from different decades of fashion. They are mostly known for their low rise pants and oversized sweatshirts that have become very popular in 2023.

Laura Czech says, “I used to wear everything that I see kids wearing now. I see the high-waisted jeans, the low-waisted jeans, baby tees and especially cargo pants everywhere. I see them in every store and it feels like I’m going back in time.”

Oversized Fashion

Back of Essentials hoodie (Photo Credit: photo via pexels.com under Creative Commons licenses)

A really big fashion statement from this past year is oversized outwear. Hoodies that are two sizes too big, sweatpants that are massive and the baggiest of jeans have been seen on lots of people. The brand Fear of God ESSENTIALS has been trending a lot recently and customers say that this brand is very pricey and affordable.

Junior Angelica Abdelnour says, “I like how their hoodies say ‘Fear of God’, because that is the only thing we should fear. I also like the neutral colors they have and how the hoodies fit perfectly oversized.”

The oversized look has a quick and comfy yet classy touch to it. When people are wearing these clothes that look way too big, their clothes tend to be very expensive.

Low Rise and Cargos

Low-rise pants y2k style (Photo Credit: photo via commons.wikimedia.org under Creative Commons licenses)

In the early 2000s, low-rise pants and cargos were very popular. Juicy Couture velvet tracksuit, army green low-rise cargos and low-rise jeans all made a massive comeback recently.

Junior Daniella Albuquerque says, “Even though a lot of people decided to leave this fashion statement behind in the early 2000s, personally I love them. I love the way it makes my body look and it goes well with different types of tops.”

Many people are also trying to achieve the “y-2k” style. By doing so they wear their low rise pants, a baby tee and chunky shoes. Others also might wear a 2000’s classic, the Juicy Couture velvet track suit.

Back of Ugg boots (Photo Credit: photo via flickr.com under Creative Commons licenses)

Uggs

Originally in the 70s, Uggs became popular in Australia amongst competitive surfers. But in the 2000s, television host Oprah Winfrey wore the classic Ugg boots on her show which made sales go up drastically. Quickly, Uggs were very popular and were worn by many celebrities such as Paris Hilton, Beyoncé and Kate Moss.

Junior Jaden Dominguez says, “Uggs are comfortable and easy to match with most outfits. They’re my go-to shoe especially in the winter.”

The only problem people have with Uggs is they stain easily and they aren’t good in the snow. You would assume that shoes this warm and cozy would be perfect for snowy winter days, but it is suggested not to put them in snow.