What Shows Will Have People Talking This Fall?

Fall is the best time to catch up on some of the most popular shows. Summer is finally over and nothing beats staying warm and watching what’s premiering. Whether it is Empire, The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf or Awkward, viewers will want to soak up every second of this season’s shows.

Recently, Fox kicked off last week, debuting season two of Empire, a drama series centering on the lives of a family involved in hip hop music and the entertainment industry and their father’s widely known record label. Along with the music and fame comes a ton of drama that shouldn’t be missed.

Empire has been given a rating of 4/5 stars, along with the season 1 soundtrack earning all 5 stars and having platinum hits. The main characters are Terrence Howard, who plays the father and owner of Empire; he goes by the name of Luscious Lyon. His wife, Cookie Lyon, who is played by Taraji P. Henson, is an ex-convict who is trying to take the company back into her own hands and keep her family together.

This show receives a lot of attention from social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Once people tune in, the tweets for Empire are insane, it was reported that there was an average of 381,770 tweets per episode.

Vice Principal, Mrs. Murphy, is a big fan of the show. Murphy said she views it as “getting inside the hip hop world.” If she were to be any character on the show it would be, “Cookie. She’s a strong character, she states her mind.” Murphy reflects on her favorite moment of the show as well, “When home dude (Luscious Lyon) thought he was dying from ALS.” It turned out; he had a disorder that is treatable and not fatal at all.

While this show is great, there’s tons of other series out that are just as good such as; The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf,and Awkward.

Bashir Lauderdale, a student at Colonia High School, revealed that he can’t wait for The Walking Dead. “It’s about zombies attacks. You have your characters that you like so you never know when it could be their last episode before their attacked and gone forever.” He also said, “Rick Grimes is my favorite on the show, if I could meet anyone in the cast, it would be him.”

Rick Grimes is a survivor in The Walking Dead. He is a police officer who was shot while working and woke up to find the population had been taken over by zombies. He sets off to find his wife and son and once he finds them, he meets a group of other survivors and instantly becomes the leader of the group.

Teen Wolf was renewed for 20 more episodes on MTV. Scott, Stiles and friends are in their senior year Beacon Hills High School at but it is not only college that threatens to break apart the group this season. Watch Teen Wolf on MTV on Monday nights at 10PM.

Awkward’s characters are in their senior year. This season promises senior pranks, prom and graduation and of course the moment viewers have been waiting for – will Matty and Jenna end up together. The fifth and final season of Awkward airs on MTV on Monday nights at 9 PM.

With this fall line up, consider canceling those plans and catch up on a few good shows such as the ones listed.