What’s on a Teenager’s Chistmas List

As kids grow up, it becomes increasingly hard to find the perfect holiday gift for both teenage boys and girls. They might have a specific idea in mind; they could be dreaming of expensive items that are out of reach, or maybe have no idea what they want as well! About a week ago, I conducted a survey of teenagers that pondered the question: what do you really want for Christmas? Using my results, I compiled a list of what teens really want this holiday season. Hopefully, this list helps you get the perfect gift for your friends, family, or maybe even a special someone.

Girls

Girls can be extremely picky. The consensus is that the most desired items this season are clothes, purses, electronics, and makeup. I then asked some of my girl friends and my sister where you can get these specific items. Some popular clothing stores for girls include Forever 21, Victoria’s Secret, PacSun, Urban Outfitters, and H&M. These stores tend to have very good deals for clothes around the holidays. Purses can be expensive as well, but my sister (who has MANY purses) says that these stores also have a good selection of popular styles for a lot less money. Now on to electronics. Electronics can be extremely expensive, but finding the right store can help out a lot. iPhones, tablets, and laptops are what every teenager wants these days. You can find these items extremely cheap on online stores like eBay and Amazon, which are great websites for holiday deals. Lastly, makeup is a classic gift for any teenage girl. I don’t personally know anything about makeup, but my sister claims that the Naked 3 palette by Urban Decay is what a lot of girls want this season. You can get this at popular makeup stores like Sephora.

Girls also said that the best gifts they have ever received include clothes, iPods, cameras, and even concert tickets. I’m sure any of these items would make a girl’s holiday season very memorable.

Boys

Now onto something I know much more about. In my survey, boys said that their holiday wish list consisted mostly of clothes, electronics, and gift cards. Popular clothing stores for guys include Hollister, PacSun, American Eagle, Nike, and most department stores. These stores have good holiday deals also, with many discounts off of their merchandise around the holidays. Electronics for guys are basically an essential for the holidays. With the new Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 finally out, those items are at the top of many boys’ Christmas lists. You can also get video games for their game systems; popular ones include Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto 5. These games do promote a lot of violence, so if you’re looking for something on a softer note, Just Dance 2014 and Minecraft are perfect for you. Finally, the easiest gift of them all is a gift card. These are the simplest gifts, but they can also be the best. You can get a guy gift cards for his favorite store; gift cards that he can use on his new game console, or maybe a Visa gift card that he can use anywhere he wants! I think that giftcards are one of the best gifts for guys and I always am excited to get one.

Guys also said the best gifts they ever received were cameras, laptops, iPods, and clothes. It turns out that the best gifts ever received were liked by both girls and guys. That could actually make your holiday shopping much, much easier!

It turns out that teenagers have a lot of different things in mind for the holidays. You just have to ask the right questions. Yes, these items can be expensive, but they can also last and be enjoyed for years to come. I hope my holiday gift guide helped you out a little bit, and happy holidays!