21 Reasons why GTA 5 is superior

September 17, 2013 will go down in history for changing gamers’ lives with the release of Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5), the most expensive video game ever produced. It cost $265 million to develop and market GTA 5 worldwide. GTA 5 is a series of video games that is widely popular amongst the youth worldwide.

Developer Rockstar North did it again with a new release called GTA 5. PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 will be the only game consoles to access this game. A PC version will likely be developed in addition, but for now there is just PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. If a PC Version was to eventually come out, they typically arrive eight months after the console versions.

Features that came along with GTA 5 are irresistible. On recent GTA games there were no hitchhikers, broken down cars, or even parked cars. You are able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things. GTA 5 offers economic elements as if it were real life. GTA 5 mainly wanted to focus on having one of the best multiplayer games of the year. With their goal in mind, they set out to accomplish it. GTA 5 surprised many consumers with having 3 protagonists. There are multiple different endings in the storyline which depend on the choice you made throughout the game. The consumer may encounter minor things that will restrict you from doing missions. Unfortunately some missions you may need a certain amount of money to access that mission. Rockstar North went and took an extra step and created a functioning ecosystem such as dogs, seagulls, fish, and sharks. Real estate is now available with buying houses, garages, businesses and marinas. You can do stunt jumps and flying challenges, take part in yoga, golf, tennis, bike races, base jumping, scuba diving, jet skiing and triathlons.

The character selection is split into four (Franklin, Trevor, Michael, and your multiplayers character). The game will task players by creating their online persona. When you first begin they will allow you to choose their parents and even grandparents. Once you would finish that they give you the option of choosing the characters appearance. GTA 5 doesn’t just end the fun there; they also let your characters live out there life when you aren’t playing.

The enormous budget for GTA 5 is absurd. With the developing cost being $265 million it’s the largest video game budget. The previous record holder for the most expensive video game was produced by “Star Wars: The Old Republic” with a budget of $200 million. Yet the next video game on the most expensive list is “Grand Theft Auto 4” which came in at $100 million. GTA 5 made rivalries with film budgets such as “Avatar’s”$237 million budget and Disney Film “Tangled’s” $260 million budget. Grand Theft Auto 5 surpassed the $800 million figure on its launch date, reaching a record-breaking $1 billion in sales within three days of launch.