Music videos in 2015 that stood out

Photo Credit: Photo via Wikipedia under Creative Commons License.
2015 brought many new music videos that can be found on youtube.

As the new year comes there will be new music videos released in 2016 but for now here is a list of ten must see music videos from 2015. Some of these you may have never even seen before but they are worth you watching.

1. Jet Black Heart by 5 Seconds of Summer5 Seconds of Summer released their music video for Jet Black Heart on December 17th. Prior to the release the band sent out an email to fans subscribed to their newsletter asking them to tell their story and explain what the song means to them, they wanted fans to help them make the video. The music video features several fans lip syncing to the song and the four members of the band, Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings, Calum Hood, and Ashton Irwin singing along.  Watching the video you can tell how much time and effort the band put into it in order to get their powerful message across and give people hope. If you are looking for a music video with meaning then this is it.
  2. Drag Me Down by One DirectionOne Direction took the concept for this video in a completely different and new direction. The Drag Me Down video was released on August 20th making it their first music video without ex-band member Zayn Malik. The four member band are seen in the fun video training at NASA to prepare for a journey to outer space. Although the video has little to do with the actual song it is still fun to see the band goofing around at the NASA site. This is an enjoyable video you may want to check out.
  3. Speak Soft by As It IsSpeak Soft was released on November 10th by As It Is, a pop punk band from the UK, signed by Fearless Records. The video goes perfectly along with the song about a love that always falls short. In this music video it focuses on a heartbroken man who is clearly not handling things well. Angry and broken he begins to work on a project on a boat, at the end of the video the boat is decorated and hanging off the side is a big sign that says “forgive me.” This video can relate to those going through tough breakups and you may find some hope in it.
  4. Where Are U Now by Skrillex and Diplo with Justin BieberSkrillex and Diplo released this video on June 29th and shows Justin Bieber singing the song. Prior to releasing the video people were invited into a building to draw for the video. The video shows several images of Justin Bieber and the drawings all around him. While singing he even has paint covering his whole body, even his eyes. It is a very original video and should be watched, if you have yet to watch it.
  5. Outsiders by Against The Current“Outsiders” released on November 20th, is a video for those who have ever felt like they were alone. The video shows the story of outcasts sticking together to rebel against those who feel like they need to fit in and meet society standards. During the video the outcasts hang up painting of the lead singer of the band, Chrissy Costanza, as a symbol of hope. This video and song are very inspiring it teaches someone that it’s okay to not fit in and you don’t need to change or be with several people in order to be satisfied with your life and be happy.
  6. Wild Wild World by Set It OffWild Wild World, released September 23rd, is a video takes on wide world issues. The video is a look into just how crazy the world could be, from wars to homeless people, to equal rights. Band members (Patty Walters, Lynn Gunn, Trevor Wentworth and Matt Wentworth, and Andy Biersack) from other bands are shown throughout the video holding signs with quotes about change. This music video is truly beautiful and you can tell that the band really wanted to open people’s eyes and getting the message across that things need to change in order for the world to get better.
  7. Blue Neighbourhood series by Troye Sivan- Troye Sivan decided to release a three part music video series called “Blue Neighbourhood” named after his new album released this year. These music video really do tell a story and once you start watching one you want to finish the series. The first video was released on September 3rd called “Wild” which tells the story of two friends and their parents. Eventually the video ends with the two fathers fighting and the two sons being separated. Moving on to the next video “Fools” tells the story of the aftermath from the fight. The boys are teenagers and now dealing with constant lies in their lives due to one of the son’s father. In the third and final part “Talk Me Down” the video focuses on a funeral, the father’s funeral. This video is one that you can not take your eyes away from, its very intense and has so much meaning, you have to watch it from start to finish. If you like music videos that tell a story then this series is something that I recommend and some people may even find themselves being able to relate to it.
  8. A World Divided by Our Last NightA World Divided, released May 26th, by Our Last Night shows that everyone deserves to be treated the same. The video shows a little girl drawing and her father sitting nearby. There is a clear line in the middle of the room dividing them from a tattooed man on the other side of the room. The girl tries to cross the line and is curious by the man but her father stops her from crossing. At the end the man is seen upset and the girl finally crosses the line in order to help confront the man and the father follows. This music video is one to learn from and it encourages everyone to be there for each other no matter what their differences are, they are still human.
  9. White Noise by Pvris“White Noise” was released by Pvris (pronounced paris) on March 26th and is based on the movie Poltergeist. Band members Alex Babinski and Brian MacDonald play the part of ghost hunters and enter a room where lead singer Lynn Gunn is playing the part of a ghost. This music video has a lot of special effects and editing done, making it stand out from an ordinary video. The video also includes references to the movie Poltergeist. Although this music video is one to watch, epileptic people should not watch due to the editing done.
  10. Irresistible by Fall Out BoyIrresistible was released on February 19th and was basically made for people to laugh. It starts out with Fall Out Boy challenging basketball players to a game. Of course this turns into a hilarious showdown between the two teams, some of the humor is inspired by internet jokes. Anyone looking for a good laugh should watch this video.