The Train Show is Quite the Toot around Town

Model trains navigating through a recreation of the historical Woodridge Township.
Photo Credit: Mikeala Westbrook

The train show has been an ongoing event in the township of Woodbridge for a long time. In fact the Woodbridge Barron Arts Center just hosted the 25th anniversary of the train show November 28th through December 27th of 2015.

The train show is welcome to all young and old who are eager to see the trains move and interact throughout the town created to satisfy onlookers. The train show is free. Although you do not need to pay a fee they do ask for donations of five dollars but it is definitely not required.

The trains aren’t the only thing that is at the show. The display at the train show is expertly put together and resemble many of the familiar places that you see being an New Jersey resident. The display was focused on different scenes that you can find throughout Woodbridge township and surrounding townships. The display includes scenes based off of the city center the shore and many other cool areas to make you feel at home in the small replica.

Donated toys sitting in a showcase
Photo Credit: Mikeala Westbrook
Donated toys sitting in a showcase

As you get lost in the town you find many different small but nonetheless interesting  things throughout the replica. Playing off of that,  the attendants to the show pass out a scavenger hunt with w list of random things that are found throughout the display. The scavenger hunt is just done for fun and to enjoy the time by yourself or with family or friends.

The train show is a great place to bring both your family and your friends. It is a real cool site for the kids and for adults to appreciate the craftsmanship.

The mastermind behind this ongoing tradition in Woodbridge Township is Michael Gelesky and his family. Gelesky and his family put a lot into the train show. The Geleskys donate their time, and talent into the train show and making it an success.

The train show was not the only event along with the train show was two other events. On Friday, December fourth, 2015 from five to seven p.m. was the Annual Woodbridge Township Tree Lighting Ceremony and Train Show Reception. The reception and tree lighting were booth hosted by Mayor John E. McCormac. The event included Santa Claus and other holiday inspired surprises. Also, on Friday, December 11 at 7:30 p.m. at Woodbridge Middle School the ‘Brothers In Harmony” had a holiday  concert which was another looked forward holiday event. All of the events the train show, tree lighting and train reception, and the holiday concert were family friendly and cost friendly with free admission to each event spreading the holiday cheer.

The train show is lots of fun and a must see but to enjoy your time the most there are a few things you should know before going to enjoy the festivities. For one the Barron Arts Center is tight when packed so you are asked to leave all strollers outside of the and shy from bringing in extra bags into the Center.Lastly, plan accordingly to  go on less crowded day and hours of the day, the busiest time is on weekends mid afternoon.