• Second Quarter Report Cards will be Available on February 6th

• On January 23 from 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM there will be a CHS Project Graduation Meeting

• On January 25 at 6:30 PM CHS will hold a Curriculum Orientation

• Junior Class Fundraiser Designs by Mom January 12th, check Instagram for Details

• January 11th at 6:30 PM CHS- PTO Meeting

• January 10th at 6:30 PM CHS- International Thespian Society Induction

Be filled with holiday spirit at Koziar’s Christmas Village

The millions of lights that decorate the village.

Photo Credit: Photo via Wikipeda

Photo Credit: Photo via Wikipeda

By: Angelina Wintonick, Fall Reporter

With the holidays coming up, many events are going on throughout the country that people are going to. Whether it’s a Christmas tree lighting, a concert, or a holiday parade, people all over, are preparing for the holidays.

One of the most popular in the United States, is Koziar’s Christmas Village, in Berks County, Pennsylvania. It’s open Friday through Sundays from the first Saturday in November to Thanksgiving, and then daily through January 2nd. Prices depend on days and family sizes.

Koziar’s has many achievements, including being awarded the Best Outdoor Christmas Display in the World by Display World Magazine. The American Bus Association also has ranked it in their Top 100 Events for 2015. It is also among the top tourist attractions in Pennsylvania.  Koziar’s Christmas Village is featured on the cover of Peter Guttman’s book, “Christmas In America” (2nd edition 2017). 2017 marks their 70th anniversary, and all the lights, attractions and decorations still look as good as new.  The Christmas Village was once a farm, but William M. Koziar began to decorate the farm for Christmas in 1984 for his family who loved it.  From there, he became more complex with his decorations. People then began to visit as the family’s lake, walkways, trees and fences became decorated as well.  

Koziar’s Christmas Village is a village with over one million Christmas lights, train sets and decorations. Lights shine on the lake, and brightness engulfs tourists before they even walk in. When entering, characters such as Rudolph, Frost and the Village’s own Buddy the Bear greet you.  There are a ton of marked pathways leading to lit up buildings and other displays, such as Santa Claus on Santa Claus Lane.

There are also readings of seasonal stories, including A Christmas Carol and The Nutcracker.  One of the most popular attractions is “The Kissing Bridge”, which has been the site of many proposals and weddings. Lights on top of lights cover the bridge.  Inside the buildings, there are model train layouts, drinks and snacks, shopping centers, Christmas decorations, and other seasonal items.

I recently visited it with my family, and I loved every second of it. It is a cute little village, with beautiful lights that reflect everywhere you look. It was an amazingly beautiful sight overall, but more importantly, I enjoyed the atmosphere there. As you walk through, you feel the cheerfulness in the air, the high spirits before the holidays.  You see children of all ages running around with huge smiles on their faces. It’s incredible to see how many people go there and have a great time before the upcoming holiday.

Koziar’s Christmas Village is for people of all ages. Everyone should enjoy the beautiful lights and sounds of Christmas time.  I would recommend it to families the most. It’s the most fun to go with your loved ones and have a great time.  It really helps to put others in the Holiday spirit, and overall, it was a great experience.