What is the best study method for finals?

Top 5 highest grossing Movies of 2017

photo from wikimedia via creative common license

2017 was a very eventful year. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal Engagement. Peggy Whitson Set the Record for Most Days in Space by a U.S. Astronaut. Malala Yousafzai Started College at Oxford. Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Getting Back Together. April the Giraffe Had a Baby Calf.  Although, the year 2017 also brought many hit blockbusters. Here are the top 5  highest grossing movies of 2017. This list excludes movies that were released in the new year but were still in playing during 2018

5.“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” — $863.5 million

After saving Xandar from Ronan‘s angerthe Guardians are now recognized as heroesNow the team must help their leader Star Lord uncover the truth behind his true historyAlong the wayold enemies turn to friends and betrayal is bloomingAnd the Guardians find that they are up against a terrible and destructive new dangerous and threatening thing who is out to rule the  galaxy. 

Some feel it didn’t live up to the original but this sequel received many positive reviews. David Sims a critic from The Alantic states “In Marvel lingo, Guardians 2 feels like a great six-issue arc, the kind of storytelling that used to be the backbone of superhero comics.” Rated: PG-13

Written and Directed by: James Gunn

Released: August 22,2017

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 scored an 83%  on rotten tomatoes.

4.“Spider-Man: Homecoming” — $880.1 million

Excited by his involvement with the Avengers, youthful Peter Parker returns home to live with his Aunt May. Under the attentive gaze of mentor Tony Stark, Parker begins to hold onto his freshly discovered way of life as Spider-Man. He likewise tries to come back to his ordinary every day routine -distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just a friendly neighborhood superhero.. Peter should soon put his forces under a magnifying glass when the insidious Vulture rises to debilitate everything that he holds dear.

This being the sixth adaptation being the Spider-Man movie it had a lot to live up to. But the movie received a lot of positive reviews. Matthew Rozsa from salon.com  stated “If “Spider-Man: Homecoming” is to be judged solely on its ability to unite a diverse audience behind a fun motion picture, it seems to have succeeded wildly.”

Rated: PG-13

Directed by: Jon Watts

Written by: Jonathon M. Goldstein, John Francis Daley, Christopher Ford, Erik Sommers

Released: July 7, 2017

Spider-Man: Homecoming scored a 92% on rotten tomatoes

3.“Despicable Me 3” — $1.03 billion

Gru and Lucy are fired by Valerie Da Vinci from the AVLand are joblessAs Agnes tries to sell things to get moneyGru receives news he has a twin brotherHe flies to Dru‘s location but finds out he is a more successful and rich supervillainDru wants Gu to team up for one more bank theftwhich he gives in to.

This the 3rd movie in this Despicable Me series. The first movie made  $970.7 million   and the numbers just kept rising. The movie received of a lot of positive reviews. Those yellow minions will always be big hits. Jeffery  Lyles from Lyles movie production states  “Despicable Me 3 doesn’t reinvent the franchise, but proves there’s plenty of fun and wackiness left and more than enough creativity left for future installments.”

Rated: PG

Directed by: Kyle Balada, Pierre Coffin, Eric Gullion

Written by: Ken Daurio, Cinco Paul

Released: June 30,2017

Despicable Me 3 scored a 60% on rotten tomatoes

2.“The Fate of the Furious” — $1.23 billion

With Dom and Letty wedded, Brian and Mia resigned and whatever remains of the group excused, the globe-trotting group has discovered some similarity of a typical life. They soon confront a startling test when a strange lady named Cipher forces Dom to sell out them all. Presently, they should join to bring home the man who made them a family and prevent Cipher from releasing chaos.

This is the tenth movies in the fast a furious series. This first one without the  beloved Paul Walker. RIP. The movies always seem to produced many positive reviews. Matthew Lickona from the San Diego Reader says “Just when the Fast-and-the-Furious-on-Ice finale threatens to drag on past the point of action-set piece endurance, director F. Gary Gray has the grace to send a super car from heaven as an actual answer to prayer.”

Rated: PG-13

Directed by: F. Gary Gary

Written by: Chris Morgan

Released: April 14, 2017

The Fate of the Furious scored a 66% on rotten tomatoes

1.“Beauty and the Beast” — $1.26 billion

Belle (Emma Watson), a brilliant, lovely and independent young lady, is taken prisoner by the beast (Dan Stevens) in its stronghold. Regardless of her feelings of trepidation, she gets to know the mansion’s captivated staff and figures out how to look past the beast’s ugly outside, enabling her to perceive the kind absolute entirety of the genuine prince that covers up within.

The live action adaption of this Disney classic would either be a hit or miss. According to the many reviews it was a hit.  “All the hit numbers… Emma Watson is charming as Belle; and the enchanted servants are voiced by the likes of Ian McKellan, Emma Thompson, and Ewan McGregor. But seeing it will probably send you back to the original animated movie for refreshment.”

Rated: PG

Directed by: Bill Condon

Written by: Evan Spiliotopoulos, Stephen Chobsky

Released: March 17, 2017

Beauty and the Beast scored a 71% on rotten tomatoes.

2017 brought the world many well thought and interesting movies.  Let’s see what 2018 has in store.