Celebrities that tied the knot in 2018

Photo Credit: “photo via pexels under creative common license
Throughout 2018 about a 100 celebrities got married.

Looking back at 2018, it was a year full of blissful and joyful moments. Most importantly it was a year full of wedding bells, vows , and ceremonies.

Many celebrities tied the knot this year. Some of these celebrities are Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus, Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin, Bob Saget and Kelly Rizzo, Matthew Davis and Kiley Casiano, Emily Vancamp and Josh Bowman, and many more. Although there were many celebrity marriages this year, there were three marriages that stood out this year. For example, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra, and Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin weddings were the three most noteworthy marriages this year.

The Royal wedding

On May 19, 2018, Prince Harry & Meghan Markle tied the knot. The wedding became known as The Royal Wedding. The wedding service began midday at the St George’s Chapel. The Dean of Windsor conducted the wedding service with Justin Welby officiated it. Later that day, they traveled around Windsor in a horse-drawn carriage. It gave the public the opportunity see them and join them in the celebrations.

The multicultural  wedding

According to Vogue.co, Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra started their week long festivities on November 26, 2018 with a dinner party in Mumbai. Two days later Chopra’s mother invited the wedding party to her home for a traditional Puja ceremony. For the occasion all the guests wore Indian dresses.

On Friday November 30, at the  Jodhpur’s Umaid Bhavan Palace the Sangeet took place. The Sangeet is an event in which both sides of the family perform songs and dances relating to the couple. During the Sangeet, there was a competition between both sides of the family, but at the end both families decided to share the trophy.

In addition, on Friday, December 1st the couple had a Christian Ceremony that Jonas father officiated. The bride wore a custom Ralph Lauren wedding gown that took 1,826 hours to create. The gown was embellished with 2.390 ,000 mother of pearl sequins on the outer layer. Furthermore, eight different words and phrases were hand stitched on the gown. These phrases includes: Jonas full name, the date of their wedding, her parents names, her mother in law’s name and many more. 

The Biebers

According to cosmopolitan.com, Justin and Hailey have been married since September of last year, but only a courthouse marriage. Even though they didn’t have a religious ceremony Justin and Hailey say that after being married for a couple of weeks they feel like a husband and wife. They still plan to have a wedding service and a religious ceremony on February 28 of 2019.

2019 Expectations

With supermodel Heidi Klum saying yes to Tom Kaulitz Bask’s proposal and Joe Jonas finally ready to tie the knot, we can expect more spectacular weddings in 2019. Lady Gaga’s wedding to agent Christian Carino promises to be over-the-top. While rumors allude to Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott having a top secret wedding in the near future, the two are bound by their daughter Stormi. These are just a few planning to take the plunge in 2019 that we can anticipate.