The Bachelor season 22 finale had 7.8 million viewers.

Photo Credit: Photo via Wikipedia under Creative Commons

The Most Dramatic Article Yet

The Bachelor is a reality TV show where one man picks his wife out of 30 other women in the course of a eight weeks. The true question is how real is The Bachelor?

Overview

The Bachelor first premiered on March 25, 2002. This show has been going on for 23 seasons.

The Bachelor is one of the show in the franchise, “Bachelor Nation.” The two other shows in “Bachelor Nation” is The Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise. Within these 3 shows there still 24 couples going strong. The couples are either married with kids, engaged, living together or dating.

Behind The Scenes Secrets

The first episode shows all the contestants in the mansion. According to Buzzfeed, the first episode of each season typical takes 12 hours to shoot.

In almost every episode, two girls get an one-on-one date. In addition, theirs typical one group date per episode. During an one-on-one date the pair does an activity together and then goes out to dinner. According to Buzzfeed, the couples don’t eat during one-on-one dates. They eat before hand in their hotel rooms. They are not allowed to eat on the date because the microphones need to pick up on the sound.

According to Insider , the contestants quit their jobs to appear on the show. The contestants do not get paid. However, the Bachelor or the Bachelorette typical gets paid over 100,000. Furthermore, the site also claims that the contestants goes through background tests, STD testings, and a psychological examination before getting accepted on the show. Casting typical begins a year in advance for each season. During their time on the show the constants have no contact with the outside world.

Towards the end of the season, the Bachelor goes to the last four contestants hometowns to meet their families. The houses that the families are in are sometimes aren’t theirs. The house can be a wealthy family member house or a family friend house.

Contestants behind the scene secrets

Buzzfeed also spills that the producers have a lot of input into the show. Former contestant Jesse Csincsak stated. “Producers orchestrate the entire thing, sitting contestants down with the star, then directing others to kick them out. Then they tell the lead, ‘Pick four people you would like to get to know better.”

Former Bachelorette Jillian Harris claims that the producers made her go to speech therapy because they didn’t like her Canadian accent.

Another former Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky said, “You spend so little time with the person you choose before the final rose ceremony. I would say you probably spend about 72 hours tops with the person you wind up choosing, and 12 of that is spent ‘sleeping’ in the fantasy suite. You can’t really get to know a person in that time frame.”

A former contestant on The Bachelor, Olivia Caridi reportedly spent 40,000 on clothing for the show. Caridi was only on the show for a few weeks.

The Declaration • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in