Photo Credit: Photo via Flikr under Creative Commons License

Seen here is the cast of the Jersey Shore TV show, giving a farewell before the conclusion of the final season.

The Jersey Shore: How real is it?

Starting in 2009, The Jersey Shore took the reality TV show scene by storm. MTV would use the loud and obnoxious personalities of their stars to draw in viewers, which would then definitely make them stay for more. With the spin-off version of the show, Jersey Shore: Family Vacation making its debut in 2018, its finally time to really dig deep into the production of this show, and answer the question, is this real?

Plot

The Jersey Shore brought eight Italian-Americans together in the same house, in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. Not only did all of these people fit the look of the show, but they all had the personality to match. There was love between characters, fights, and at least something ridiculous or kind of stupid said by one of the cast members in every episode. Everyone could not stop watching, and MTV was able to take full advantage of this. The people now had a newfound love for people that are muscular, drunk, and constantly trying to start a problem.

The original cast consisted of, Angelina Pivarnick, Jenni  Farley, Michael Sorrentino, and Nicole Polizzi. Also, there was Paul DelVecchio, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, Sammi Giancola, and Vinny Guadagnino. While the show only was able to last six seasons, these eight individuals, and a few others, were set for life. Now, the whole world knew them from the show.

Jersey Shore was and still is MTV’s most successful reality show ever. When MTV chose to cancel the show after the sixth season, fans were not very happy, and it led to a few spin-off series such as Snooki & JWOWW, and the most recent, Jersey Shore: Family Vacation. This show, although it is also on MTV, is not a continuation of the original show.

While this new show only consists of only seven original members, all of the drama is definitely still there. This is especially true now that these stars are five years older. They now have kids and significant others to take care of. This definitely makes it interesting to watch, especially to see how it affects them.

Is it real?

While I find the Jersey Shore very interesting, it is hard for me to believe that people really act like that. The amount of fights that occur, and just listening to how they talk, is honestly hard to believe.

According to the Daily Beast, who wondered the same thing after the show took the cast to Italy, found, “The kids have also been pretending to work at O’Vesuvio pizzeria near their apartment during their six-week sojourn, but The Daily Beast has learned that MTV actually rented out the restaurant. The pizzeria’s “customers” are extras, and authentic customers who try to enter are questioned about their age and intent.”

If MTV was willing to go that far for the cast to not have to really work in Italy, is it really out of the ordinary for them to stage an extra fight or screaming match? Apparently not, thinks one of the attorneys who was living across from the Shore house for a while. He says that, “he’s seen rehearsals of their walkabouts before. They frequently re shoot scenes from different angles, repeating dialogue and rehearsing facial expressions.”

While the fighting might be somewhat real, or so we think, how is it possible to know? How can we trust a show that will apparently have their security guards clear out the street for a brawl? And to make matters even worse, they did it right under a streetlight, just to capture that perfect lighting.

Conclusion

Overall, after doing real research on the show, it is hard to now look at it as a reality show. Although these people probably do have big, obnoxious personalities, MTV knew that they had to do some tampering. That was the only way to get the results and numbers that they wanted.

While this reality show might actually be more of a sitcom, MTV is still going after 9 total seasons. This being between Jersey Shore and Jersey Shore: Family Vacation. Also, this show is still the most popular reality show ever to air on MTV by a landslide. So, as viewers let’s just enjoy all the yelling and fighting for what it is, because Season 3 of Family Vacation has already been approved.

The Declaration • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in