Photo Credit: Photo via google labeled for reuse under creative commons license

Netflix’s Creeped Out is the new Goosebumps

Netflix’s Horror show, ‘Creeped Out’ is Too Creepy for Adults

Netflix rarely disappoints when it comes to new blockbuster movies families enjoy. May it be romantic like, To All the Boys I Loved Before or science fiction like Black Mirror: Bandersnatch.

Halloween is right around the corner and while some older friends will be hosting a thriller movie marathons, what will the younger audience watch? The children who also wish to be part of the spooky season. Goosebumps, the original scary series for children is an outdated show ending in 1998. Thus, most Gen Zs are not aware and are looking for a newer show that maybe they can relate to in 2019.

This then draws the question, is there a scary show for kids to watch that isn’t too frightening?

Say hello to Creeped Out.

Creeped Out is a British-Canadian anthology horror television series. It premiered in the United Kingdom on CBBC on 31 October 2017 Halloween.”

There are currently two seasons with 23 episodes, each episode runs for 25 minutes.

The anecdotes touch on topics like being humiliated by your parents, the consequences of being a cyberbullying, and more. This is not an adult-oriented show as the characters are shown in middle school. Parents and high schoolers may not enjoy this as the scares are cheesy. The point of the show is to send shivers down your back and to get you thinking about your actions. Admittedly, there have been episodes where we stare in shock after the outcome of an episode.

The show is cliche but the endings are ambiguous yet which are fun to watch.

Could an 8-year-old watch this show when the topics talk about being glued to your cellphone and wishing your parents were gone? No way! The way the show goes on to portray these topics in disturbing ways and not an ideal to show someone below the middle school.

This parent from Fatherly reviews the show, “Each episode features a new story with The Curious being the only element that connects them. It’s a great way to get your kid interested in both anthology series and intellectual horror films. Netflix has said that this series is appropriate for children ages eight and older to watch. And that seems true. If your kid is eight or older, they’ll likely be fine.”

Overall we rate this show eight out of ten. Heed the warnings, its cliche for older kids but too creepy for eight and younger.

The Declaration • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in