Photo Credit: Photo via IMDb

Debuing in 2018 A Star is Born is great film to watch during Vaentines Day

A Star is Born is more than just a love song

History

The 2018 movie A Star is Born is not the first of its kind. There have actually been a few movies bearing the same title in the past. The first was the 1937 version starring Janet Gaynor and Fredric March. The second adaptaion was the 1954 version starring Judy Garland and James Mason. The last one released before the modern day version was the 1976 film starring Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson. All three films center around the theme of star croseed lovers/musicians while adding their own twists and differences from the other installments.

Synopsis

In A Star is Born Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga fuse talents to depict the heartwarming and gut wrenching story of Jack and Ally, two artistic souls that come together on stage and then in real life. Their journey is a complex one through the beauty and the heartbreak of a relationship struggling to survive. Cooper portrays seasoned musician Jackson Maine, who discovers and falls in love with struggling artist Ally. She has given up on her dream to become a successful singer, until she meets Jack, who immediately sees her natural talent.

Review

A Star s Born (2018) is a moving and heartwarming movie. Filled with the ups and down the film does a great job of hooking audiences and keeping them for the ride. This is a love story that feels real due to the chemistry that Gaga and Cooper. The soundtrack and rich emotional vocals of the two star actors is prevalent and constant throughout the film. The plot of a local bar singer found by a popularized and famous country star is intact from the previous films. The only real change from the other films is how modernized this one is making it easy to relate to and realistic.

Songs like “Always Remember Us This Way, Shallow and I’ll Never Love Again” are easily classics that can be heard playing on the radio.  Jackson Maine (Bradley Cooper) does a great job of the older experinced star who has his share of great demons. Ally( Lady Gaga) the talented but unexperinced star is a great potrayal by Gaga.  The supporting cast is also very well rounded.  Sam Elliott playing Bobby does a great job of playing Jackson Maine’s brother. The polar opposites of man struggling with a disease and a brother trying to help just makes this story even more heart wrenching towards the end. I give this movie a five star out of five star rating I highly recommend movie goers to see this film and experience something more than just a love song.

The Declaration • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in