Are you in the house bored?

If+you+are+looking+for+new+activities%2C+tie-dying+your+sweatshirt+with+bleach+can+be+a+new+hobby.+
Photo Credit: Photo via Megan Anderson under Creative Commons Licenses
If you are looking for new activities, tie-dying your sweatshirt with bleach can be a new hobby.

During these tough times, with the Coronavirus spreading across the nation, it’s essential to stay home and social distance. Even though staying at home can be boring, here are ten activities to do while social distancing.

Go outside

Being is self-quarantined is the nation’s third week of self-quarantine. Staying inside every single day for these past three weeks isn’t good for anyone’s mental health. According, to Time, “exposure to sun-strength rays helps calibrate your body’s circadian “clock,” which regulates everything from appetite and sleep schedules to mood and energy levels…”

When you do go outside, it’s essential to remember to social distance, which means stand at least six feet apart from other people. Going outside doesn’t mean to play a basketball game or meet all your friends at the park.

There are many activities you can do outside while practicing social distancing. For instance, you can play yourself catch with yourself. For this activity, you will take a tennis ball or any type of ball that seems fit. Then you go outside to your front yard or backyard. Lastly, throw the tennis ball on your roof. When the tennis ball rolls down your roof, you catch the ball. Some other activities you can do outside are jump rope, draw chalk, play hopscotch, blow bubbles, etc. 

Go for a walk 

Going for a walk accomplishes two critical factors- which are going outside and getting exercise. Going for a walk while social distancing in your neighborhood can help you clear your head. According to Healthy Minds, a walk “…improves self-perception and self-esteem, mood and sleep quality, and it reduces stress, anxiety, and fatigue.”

Also, if you have a dog, going for a walk is beneficial for you and your dog.

Home workouts 

Due to being in the house all day, Colonia student, Billy Anderson, does home workouts.

Working out is not only good for your physical health, but it’s also good for your mental health, just like walking is. According to Help Guide, “regular exercise can have a profoundly positive impact on depression, anxiety, ADHD, and more. It also relieves stress, improves memory, helps you sleep better, and boosts your overall mood. “

Working out at home can be small exercises indoors or outdoors. For example, some workouts to do at home are jumping jump rope, doing pushups, doing jumping jacks, doing crunches, etc. 

Tie-Dying clothing

A fun activity to do at home can be tie-dying your clothing. You can tie-dye your clothes with coloring or with bleach. In my opinion, I like to tie-dye my clothes with bleach because I think it makes your clothes stand out.

To tie-dye, your clothing with bleach or coloring take an old pair of clothing. It can be jeans, sweatshirts, etc. Then tie up the clothing any way you want or not tie up the clothing. Next, pour bleach or coloring on the spots you would like to dye. Furthermore, wait for a half-hour or until the piece of clothing to dry. Lastly, put the piece of clothing in the washer. 

Tie-dying your clothes can be a fun activity to make your outfits unique and to pass the time. 

Arts and Crafts

Arts and Crafts can be a fun activity to do solo or with your quarantine buddies. For arts and crafts, there are multiple projects you can do. For example, you can scrapbook, make a collage of your friends and family, paint, draw, make bracelets, etc. Each of these activities is unique arts and crafts to do at home to help pass the time. 

Self-Care

With the global pandemic going on, times are stressful for the majority of the population. Most people are worried about themselves and their love one’s physical health. Even though being concern about your physical health is essential, it’s also important to worry about your mental health and maybe use this time to focus on yourself.

Focusing on yourself can be taking baths, meditating, lighting candles, doing face masks, etc. Self-care is all about taking care of yourself and relaxing during these tough times. 

Baking

Next, baking can be a fun activity to do to pass the time. It can be fun to create your recipes and try to a master baker. Some baking ideas can be banana bread, cupcakes, cake, brownies, chocolate chip muffins, etc. If interested in baking, here are some recipes from a variety of different foods from the Food Network

Games

Photo Credit: Photo via Wikimedia Commons under Creative Commons Licenses
Due to being bored while home all day, you can play solitaire.

Playing games can be a fun activity to do with your quarantine buddies to pass the time. Even if you are self-quarantine by yourself, you can still play games by yourself. 

For example, you can play the card game solitaire by yourself. Solitaire game objective is where you try to stack up the cards to go, ace, king, queen, jack, ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two. However, the cards have to alternate between red and black or black and red. The game solitary is a fun game that takes up time. 

Next, an alternative can be playing games online. There are many games online that be played for free. 

Homework

Currently, in the United States, the majority of schools are doing distance learning. Distance learning means students are learning from home, and teachers are teaching online to their students. With students learning from home, can cause students to become lazier and not do there work. Even though many people are going through a hard time right now, it’s important to keep up with your work and not fall behind.

Dancing

Lastly, dancing can be a fun activity to do by yourself or with your quarantine buddies. Dancing is exercise and keeps you busy. The app, Tik Tok, has many dancing challenges that people try every day. Maybe download the app and try one of the dance challenges. Or have a self dance party at your house where you dance to your favorite songs. 

Each of these activities can be fun ways to pass the time and be beneficial for your mental health. Remember to social distance and wash your hands before and after these activities.