31 new shows and returning favorites set to air this fall

It’s that time of the year again when TV networks produce shows to gain viewers. This autumn, 31 television programs will premiere on channels like ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC, the CW, and BBC America.

Jasmine Rodriguez, a parent of a CHS student said, “All the new shows that come out in the fall are exciting to watch. Even if they’re bad they always seem to be good.”

Did you used to enjoy reading the classic DC Comics when you were younger? FOX’s new TV drama Gotham portrays the origin and early history of the comic. The main character James Gordon will actually be the detective that investigates Bruce Wayne’s (Batman) parent’s murder and deals with other DC Comic villains like Catwoman, the Riddler, and Poison Ivy. The show includes stars like Jada Pinkett Smith and Accepted star Robin Lord Taylor. Watch Mondays at 8 p.m.

It already sucks being a teenager, but imagine being incredibly ill on top of that like in FOX’s hit new television program Red Band Society. The show is describes a group of teenagers living their life at a hospital while struggling with life-threatening illnesses like cancer, eating disorders, and worse. The story is narrated by a boy who has been in a coma and who knows everything that is going on in Ocean Park Hospital. The Help actor Octavia Spencer plays the sassy Nurse Jackson. The show airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m.

If you like comedy, ABC’s new comedy Black-ish could definitely get a chuckle or two out of you. It’s about an African American upper-class family trying to stick to their cultural background. It all starts when the father Andre Johnson gets upset when his son asks to switch to Judaism so he could have a Bar Mitzvah instead of regular party. This show features Kangaroo Jack star Anthony Anderson and Girlfriends star Tracee Ellise Ross. Watch Wednesdays at 9:30 p.m.

Modern Family stars except Emmy Award.
Photo Credit: Photo via https://www.flickr.com/photos/politicalpulse/8020164113/ the creative commons licence
Modern Family stars except Emmy Award.

Not only are there new shows airing, but old favorites set for this autumn too. The Emmy Award winning comedy television series Modern Family is back with more laughs. The Dunphys, the Pritchett-Delgados, and the newly wedded Tucker-Pritchetts will warm your heart with their hilarious family moments. The show starts off with a fresh start with Cam and Mitchell’s honeymoon.  Watch Wednesday at 9 p.m.

Freshman Theresa Gruskos added, “I absolutely adore Modern Family and can’t wait for the new season.”

Also, the popular show Supernatural will be recurring with a 10th season. “Saving people, hunting things, the family business” is what now demon Dean Winchester would always say. Now he’s the thing that is causing trouble and needs to be hunted. This is the biggest thing that has happened to the Winchesters since the time Sam set Lucifer out of his cage. Will they be able to pull through? Tune in Wednesday, October 7th at 9 p.m. on The CW.