Tips for getting the most out of your budget

December 7, 2020

Make sure to look for a camera that is best for your experience level and budget. You may not want to buy a really expensive first camera and not know how to properly use it. Find a good price range you are willing to set. This can help you limit a lot of options. Don’t just pick a maximum limit though, try to find an actual range between a couple of hundred dollars. Also, figure out honestly what your experience level is. It is okay to be a beginner, everyone has to start somewhere.

Personally, My limit was $800, but it honestly depends on what you feel is right. I also didn’t really want to spend less than $500, because then I felt like the quality wouldn’t be as good. But, I also because I wanted to get more than just the body of the camera. I would highly suggest getting a kit, making sure it has at least the camera body and a lens. In the long run, it is cheaper buying both together because lenses alone can be a couple of hundred dollars. You also can’t use your camera yet if you don’t have a lens, so it also helps in your convenience.

Marvin Malino, a high school student explains that he got a starter bundle kit with his Nikon d3500 camera.

He says, “I think the camera was definitely worth the price and it was very cheap compared to other cameras. ”

It was around $700 and for the number of items he got, it was very worth it. Not all cameras have package deals, but if it does, I would highly recommend checking them out. Canon and Nikon offer the most variety of starter kits in their cameras than other brands.