Can Ya ‘Dig’ Sarah Post?

Sarah+Post%2C+pictured+above+as+a+junior.+
Sarah Post, pictured above as a junior.

Sarah Post, a senior at Colonia High School is a captain of the volleyball team and part of the National Honor Society, but there is plenty most do not know about her.

Post, senior, has been a resident of Colonia, NJ her entire life. She attended Lynn Crest Elementary School and Colonia Middle School prior to entering high school. She has one brother, Aaron Post, a sophomore at CHS.

Let’s start with sports…

Post has been playing sports since she was 4 years old. She has taken part in dance, gymnastics, soccer, softball and volleyball. Her favorite sport, “would definitely be volleyball, and I enjoy the team aspect of it the most. We are one big family.” Although Post has been playing volleyball since she was in fourth grade, she started competing competitively during her freshman year of high school. She plays the position of setter and has been on varsity for three years.

An avid fan of high school sports, Post enjoys being part of the community. “It builds character, social skills and teaches us athletes what competition is all about,” she claimed. Post’s captain responsibilities are to make sure incoming freshman are comfortable and know what to do, make sure everyone is doing their job and help anyone who needs help. A big job to undertake, Post is not alone. All seniors are captains in their eyes; they take on the responsibilities together.

School life…

Post is a member of the National Honor Society and the National Art Honor Society. This is fitting as her favorite classes include AP Calculus and Visual Arts. Post also played softball during her freshman year. Post is very active in the CHS community and she is a member of the Peer Leadership Program, Ski and Snowboard club, and Heroe s & Cool kids. Posts enjoys being a part of Hero’s & Cool kids, “because it’s a great group of kids and we all get to make a difference by helping the students and the community,” she expressed.

Some things you may not know…

When Post is not studying or playing volleyball, she also enjoys skiing. A pastime time she has been doing since she was five years-old; skiing is something that she loves doing with her father and her brother. A favorite place of hers would be Gore Mountain in the Adirondacks in Upstate New York, which is where Post skis. She has skied competitively before, but enjoys just skiing for fun now with her dad and brother. Post also has a special talent: she can juggle.

Her Job

Every summer since her freshman year, Post has worked at the JCC on Oak Street Road in Edison, NJ. She works with three year-olds in the summer day camp. Arts and crafts, swimming and playing games are part of her job description. Post’s favorite part of her job is doing arts and crafts with the kids because she loves to see them get so excited and happy.

When Post was young, she was quiet, but as she grew older, she was able to break out of her shell. This and reaching all her goals are her greatest accomplishments. The person she admires most is her father because “he is a strong man and my best friend.”

High school legacy

Post, who is in her senior year at Colonia High School, believes that CHS has prepared her well for her future endeavors. She plans to attend college, study Pre-Vet and become a veterinarian. Post’s favorite memories here at CHS are all the Spirit Weeks and volleyball games.

“I would like to be remembered as a good student and athlete,” voiced Post. Her legacy will likely be remembered for years to come, as she made a lasting impression on the all the underclassmen.

Although Post is a student athlete and is very busy, she still manages to find free time. In this free time, she enjoys being with her family and friends. Post can most likely be found at a nearby Chipotle.

Post’s advice for all underclassmen and upcoming freshman would be, “Don’t wish it away. It goes by too fast. Enjoy every year of it.”