How to stay stylish during the winter

Photo Credit: Photo via pxfuel.com under the Creative Commons License.
Dropping of temperatures below 32 degrees results in the inevitable use of a winter jacket for most. According to grandviewresearch.com, in 2018 alone the global accumulated profits from the purchases of winter jackets reached 268.3 billion dollars, and is expected to increase by 4.3% in the upcoming years.

With the holiday season practically here, the question of how to stay stylish, during the winter season yet warm may be coming across your mind. Bundle up this winter with these fashion tips that are sure to keep you stylish, yet warm, this season.

The ‘70s are back

If comfort is your main goal when putting together an outfit for the cold, flare yoga pant leggings are made just for you. The ‘70s  bell-bottom comeback is combined with the comfortable material of your favorite leggings. This creates pants that are not only trendy but will keep your legs fully covered and warm as it gets colder. The price for a pair of flare leggings ranges anywhere from $20-$80. This gives you the option to stay stylish on a budget and save. On the other spectrum, it also gives the option to splurge on a more expensive pair and treat yourself. 

Another reason that flare leggings are the perfect addition to your wardrobe this winter, “ is the fact that flares generally flatter all figures,” as stated by fashion writer,  Isobel Coughlan, in an article by belletag.com. The stretchiness of the fabric makes these pants so versatile for all body types. This is perfect in comparison to other trendy clothing items that only seem to fit certain body types. 

Bundle up with a puffer

Staying extra warm during the colder winter months is a priority for most.  If you don’t know how to make a winter jacket stylish, trendy puffer jackets are the way to go. Not only do they guarantee to keep you warm, but they can also help spice up any outfit. “Whether you like to keep your outerwear low-key or make a statement, there’s a puffer-style for everyone, and at every price,” says Madeline Fass in a Vogue article. They come in a variety of colors, prints, and different styles for a tighter or looser fit if desired. You can find puffer jackets at many stores for a wide price range generally between $50-$500. This allows you to save money if on a budget, or treat yourself this holiday season and purchase a more expensive option. 

If you still want to be trendy on the occasional warmer days, puffer vests are also a great stylish alternative. With less fabric, but the same wide variety of designs and colors, vests can be a great way to stay warm without getting overheated.

Say yes to leather coats

If a slick leather jacket is more your style, long leather jackets will become a staple piece this winter. 

The editorialist claims that “Between slim fits, loose cuts, and relaxed silhouettes with cinched waists, every leather jacket design draws upon a unique taste to fit and personalize daytime, nighttime, and even workwear looks.”

The edginess of a leather jacket and sophistication of a longer coat combine to create the long leather jacket. This can also be an easy way to add layers to your outfits this winter without feeling too bundled up. The options of real or faux leather also add more variety when picking what jacket to purchase. Prices of leather jackets can widely range. Luckily, the latest holiday sales can help make your purchase a lot more affordable.

Uggs are back, but with a twist

Ugg boots have been one of the most popular winter boots to help you stay warm for years. It’s not a surprise they’ve found another style of their classic boot to become popular this winter. The “Ugg Classic Mini II” costs about $150, which is one of the more inexpensive shoes offered by the brand. Another similar style of the shoe is the “Ugg Classic Ultra Mini Boot.” This style costs  $140 and is an even shorter version of Ugg’s original boot.

Many well-known models and celebrities such as Gigi Hadid, Emily Ratajkowski, Rihanna, and Selena Gomez have all been photographed wearing these new styles of Ugg boots, making them even more popular. Furthermore, these trends will guarantee you a fabulously warm season that can truly spruce up outdoor wear.