Rutgers tops Ohio State to become ranked in the top 25

A recap of a great game between the Rutgers Scarlet Knights and The Ohio state Buckeyes
Photo Credit: Dyla
The Rutgers Athletic Center, better known as the RAC, was packed for the Big 10 match up.

Rutgers has established themselves. As a legit basketball program. They have won two straight. To put them in the top 25. And here’s how they did it. And got their pay back against Ohio State

First Half

The first half. Was a very defense heavy half. Both teams played great defense and struggled to score the ball with their big players. To start off. Ohio State. Started off zero for 7 on the floor.  Rutgers were the first one to score. And after three minutes.  Without scoring from either side. Rutgers took four to nothing Lead. But after this. The momentum switched. Since going zero for seven. Ohio went four for five. And had many points. From their bench. At this point Rutgers was zero for four. At the three. While OSU was three for six. Ohio State. Took it’s biggest lead. Up by 11. But Clutch three’s. By Cam Spencer. And Paul Mulcahy. Cut the lead. Down to three. That’s the closest. Rutgers would get in the first half. Rutgers twenty. Ohio State twenty-three.

Second Half

The second half is when things picked up. Rutger’s leading scorer Cam Spencer and Ohio states Brice Sensabaugh started shooting 3’s from everywhere. Rutgers also gave the ball to their center, Cliff Omoruyi started getting big points. From the free throw line, then Ohio States Zed Key kept up with them. Rutgers knew this game was gonna be close. Whenever Rutgers would take the lead. Ohio State would answer. Both teams were impressive. When it came to answering back.

While Ohio state. Had a higher percentage in field goals. Three pointers.  And free throws.  Buy Rutgers had more assists. Blocks. Steals. Rutgers is a very good defense team. And it shows. With one fifty-five left. Paul Mulcahy lobs up to a Cliff for a huge dunk. That made the RAC explode. But Ohio state tied the game. With 49 seconds left to play.  Rutgers didn’t score. On their next possession. Both teams had timeouts. But neither time used it. And went for the win. Ohio State shot a three. Missed. Then Cam Spencer. Went for the win. And missed. Just like that. It went to overtime. When I asked Brady Thompson. About the game he stated.  “I was on the edge of my seat. Rutgers games are so much fun.”

Overtime

Over time started. Caleb Mcconnell for Rutgers got fouled. And scored one. But Ohio state got the answer and scored right back. 59-58 Ohio state. Cam spencer. Makes a big shot. To give the lead back for Rutgers. Overtime went by fast. And there was 2:47.   Rutgers was down 61-60. But this. Is when Rutgers. Iced the game. Big Cliff lays the ball up. Thus, Rutgers took the lead. Ohio State got the ball. Missed. And Mawott Mag. Who was having a good game. Iced the game with a clutch corner three. Rutgers got a hard. And Griddy win. With that win. Rutgers after this big win. And getting revenge Got put in the top 25. This was a huge win. Rutgers has a shot to make the NCAA Tournament. And win the big 10.