Best scents to get this winter season

As the winter season approaches, it’s vital to find good-smelling scents. Winter fragrances tend to be rich and intense, having a cozy, warm feeling. Scents such as vanilla, amber, and wood are perfect for the winter.

Vanilla

Personally vanilla is my favorite seasonal scent and a widely popular fragrance note. Vanilla is known to have a cozy, comforting feeling and can reduce stress. It’s sweet and can pleasantly smell like freshly baked cookies. The scent pairs well with florals, lavender, and woodsy scents. 

Bath and Body Works has amazing body mists at affordable prices ranging from $8.95 to $16.95. Two perfumes, Fresh Vanilla Blossoms, and Cozy Vanilla Bourbon, recently came out this year and have gotten rave reviews. Some of the well-known fragrances from Bath and Body Works include Warm Vanilla Sugar, Vanilla Bean Noel, and Snowflakes & Cashmere

Pink/Victoria’s Secret also has delicious vanilla scents like Bare Vanilla, Cozy Sugar, and Warm & Cozy. Ariana Grande’s Mod Vanilla perfume and Billie Eilish’s Eilish perfume are commonly used by teenagers. 

On the more expensive side, vanilla perfumes include Kayali Vanilla 28, Burberry Goddess, The 7 Virtues Vanilla Woods, and Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Amber

Surprisingly, the amber fragrance doesn’t just come from the amber resin itself. Amber gets recreated by a combination of ingredients — both natural and synthetic — consisting of vanilla, benzoin, and labdanum. It conveys a warm, sweet scent. 

Again, Bath & Body Works has incredible amber fragrances such as Into the Night, Sensual Amber, Pure Wonder, and Fairytale. Zara has some affordable perfumes as well like Red Temptation, Rose Gourmand, and Amber Fusion.

Expensive options include Valentino Donna Born in Rome, Maison Francis Kurkdijan Grand Soir, and Maison Francis Kurkdijan Gentle Fluidity Gold.

Woody

If you’re into nature-inspired aromatics that remind you of greenery, woodsy scents are for you! Woodsy notes are reliable to use as a base or as the star of various fragrant aromatic blends. Woody scents range widely across different plants such as cedarwood, sandalwood, pine, patchouli, etc. People often use oud, a fragrant oil extracted from tree resin, as a base note for its warm and earthy profile.

Once again, good old Bath and Body Works comes in handy with its delectable scents. In the Stars consists of white oud and sandalwood and Together Weather has cedar. Victoria’s Secret Vanilla Sparkle, Midnight Bloom, and Velvet Petals Untamed contain woody notes.