Food delivery gift cards the perfect Christmas gift for teens

Photo Credit: photo via commons.wikimedia.org under Creative Commons licenses

Over the past couple years, food delivery services like Doordash, Uber Eats and Grubhub became popular. Whether this was due to the pandemic or people just finding it easier to have food delivered, teens have been reported to use these services most.

The Services

There have been many different food delivery services over the years, but the main three that have become more known are Doordash, Uber Eats and Grubhub. These services have been spiraling around since early 2013 and some even earlier. Before the 2020 pandemic, lots of individuals loved to go out to eat. But during quarantine, everyone got comfortable with enjoying restaurant food in the comfort of their own home. Even now with the pandemic being over, people still love the idea of having food being delivered without a worry. This has also become very convenient for teens and young adults who may not have the opportunity to make or get food.

Students and Delivery Services

Lots of teens use these food delivery services like Doordash, Uber Eats and Grubhub now. This is due to lack of transportation, money or just convenience. For high school students, transportation to get food may not be an option making these services perfect for them.

Senior Kady Stava says, “I only use Doordash when I can’t go get the food myself. I used to use it a lot before I was able to drive, it has become very convenient at times for both me and my parents.”

Not only do students in high school face these problems and use delivery services, college students especially use them for convenience purposes. Montclair State University Freshman Emily Cowen says, “I have used Doordash a couple times and I know my friends here on campus do. Since some dorm houses don’t have a kitchen area, we resort to the food court or deliver food.”

Overall Convenience

Another pro of using these delivery services is how you have the option to have it delivered somewhere else. For example if a parent is at work and their child is home and needs to eat dinner. The parents can order food and have it delivered right home for their child.

Mother Laura Czech says, “There are times where I have work and am not able to get home and make dinner. Getting food delivered to the house for my kids is a lot easier on my end and theirs. It’s also good knowing my kids ate before I got home, takes a lot of weight off my shoulders.”

With children getting Doordash, Uber Eats and Grubhub gift cards, they won’t even need to spend their parents’money. This is convenient for everyone involved within the situation. The only problem with these delivery services is that you can’t use gift cards for specific restaurants to pay. For example, you could not use an Applebees gift card to pay for your Applebees order on Doordash. You would have to go to Applebees and order the food for pick up and go get it.

Montclair State University Freshman Emily Cowen says, “I do believe that gift cards for these services will be quite beneficial for everyone. I feel that teens and college students already spend tons of money on food, bills, college etc. so these seem like the perfect gift for them.”