2014 Best Pop Music Albums

Top 7 pop album artists of 2014.
Photo Credit: Photo by Theresa Gruskos
Top 7 pop album artists of 2014.

2014 has had a lot of popular pop albums come out this year. Here are the top 7 pop albums of 2014.

Number 7 on the list is Charli XCX with her SUCKER album, which include songs such as ‘London Queen’ and ‘Boom Clap.’ The album was released on December 16, 2014 and the whole album is a total of $7.99 on iTunes. Charli XCX has gained a lot of fame from her and Iggy Azalea’s collaboration song ‘Fancy’ and also because her song ‘Boom Clap’ was in the movie ‘The Fault in Our Stars.’

5 Second of Summer comes in at number 6 with their album 5 seconds of Summer. Their album includes songs such as ‘She Looks So Perfect’ and ‘Amnesia.’ Their album was released on July 22, 2014 and the whole album costs $9.99 on iTunes. They are at number 6 because they have gained a lot of fans over time and are still a newer band.

Next is One Direction at number 5 with their album Four. Their album includes ‘Night Changes’ and ‘Steal My Girl’ and was released on November 17, 2014. The album costs $14.99 for the deluxe version on iTunes. One Direction’s here because they have become really popular worldwide from the start of their careers.

One Direction addresses audience after singing.
Photo Credit: Photo via wikimedia under creative commons license.

Sam Smith is next with his album In the Lonely Hour which includes songs, ‘Stay with me’ and ‘I’m Not the Only One.’ The album came out on May 26, 2014 and it costs $12.99 for the deluxe version on iTunes. He has become popular because his songs are beginning to appear on the radio and he is starting to be known to the world.

At 3 it’s Ariana Grande with her album My Everything with songs such as ‘Problem’ and ‘Love Me Harder.’ Her album came out on August 25, 2014 and costs $7.99 on iTunes. A lot of her songs have made it on the radio and she has had a lot of collaborations with more famous people, thus making her very popular.

At number 2 it’s Pentatonix with their Christmas album That’s Christmas to Me with songs that include ‘Let It Go’ and ‘Silent Night.’ Their album was released on October 21, 2014 and is all acapella songs. It costs $7.99 on iTunes. Pentatonix’s album has become really popular because it’s a Christmas album and it is around the holiday season. Also because they’re an acapella group which is unique.

Number one on the list is Taylor Swift with her 1989 album, which includes songs such as ‘Blank Space’ and ‘Shake It Off.’ Her album was released on October 27, 2014 and costs $12.99. Taylor Swift’s at number one because in this album she speaks very truthfully about her past relationships and has gained a lot more fans off of it. She sold 1.287 million copies of the album in the first week.