The Best TV Shows of 2014

2014 was a great year in TV, ranging from comedy to drama series, and network to cable television.

There has been so many smart and funny TV shows this year, starting with Parks and Recreation. Parks & Rec, stars Amy Poehler and airs on NBC. This being the show’s sixth season, it really has found its place. Poehler’s character must put together a fundraiser for her beloved town of Pawnee, Indiana, and along the way, creating some truly comedic moments. The season ended with a glimpse of life three years into the future, creating many storylines for the upcoming and final season.

Also, some other big shows on NBC this year were the sketch comedy show, Saturday Night Live and The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon. SNL is always influential in pop culture, and there was always something memorable that happened on the show. The Tonight Show was revamped this year, after Jimmy Fallon took over the hosting job for Jay Leno. He brought youth and charisma to the show, bringing in a younger audience.

Some other memorable mentions this year include Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Awkward, Modern Family and The Mindy Project. A once strong comedy, The Big Bang Theory has gone downhill this year, with changing storylines that do not make much sense and the unfavorable changing of Penny’s hair.

This year in television, there were plenty of good dramas as well. Pretty Little Liars still keeps people guessing who “A” is, five seasons later. In the finale, it gave you a glimpse of life about 2 days before Ali was murdered. The Vampire Diaries, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Good Wife, and American Horror Story: Freakshow (this show is not appropriate for all viewers) were all popular TV dramas this year.