New Cars of 2014

Photo Credit: Julian Palermo
Bmw i3, Bmw i8, Chevrolet Corvette, Alfa Romeo 4C, Lexus RC F, Shelby GT350, and Jaguar F Type.

With 2014 coming to a close, let’s reflect on the awesome new cars that came out in the past twelve months.

BMW makes a car that is eco-friendly and stylish.
Photo Credit: Photo via Wikipedia under creative commons license.

Let’s start with BMW’s new Electric i3 and Hybrid i8. The i3 is a luxurious city car made to ease the frustration and rage of big city traffic. The i8 is revolutionary in the world of sports cars. In a world where performance cars are packed with huge engines, the BMW i8 boasts a 3 cylinder/electric engine combo. Its small engine may be disconcerting, but this hybrid sports car competes with some of the top gasoline sports cars out today such as the Porsche 911, Audi R8, and Nissan GTR. Lightweight materials such as carbon fiber, the electric motor providing instant torque and loads of power, and exotic yet very aerodynamic styling attribute to the car’s success.

Debuting for the first time in years, Alfa Romeo makes a comeback in the United States with the 4C. The 4C is a small, relatively inexpensive exotic sports car designed with two things in mind: superb handling and stylishness. Alfa has always been about form over function; meaning visibility is bad, ride quality isn’t the best, and cabin space is limited, but it sure looks good and handles like a dream.

Look inside the 2014 Jaguar F type.
Photo Credit: Phpto via wikimedia commons under creative commons license
Look inside the 2014 Jaguar F type.

Now in its 7th generation, the new Chevrolet Corvette is a drastic improvement over the outgoing model. With a $53,000 base price, the Corvette is the best bang for your buck performance car on the market. It outperforms cars three times the price and looks good doing it. Aside from its exceptional performance, the interior, which used to be the Corvette Achilles’ heel, has been greatly improved. The Corvette is no longer the uncool “midlife crisis” car.

The Jaguar F Type is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful production cars for sale today. It was created to reminisce the old days of the legendary automotive icon and design masterpiece, the Jaguar E Type. The Jag comes standard as a convertible, but can be had as a coupe as well. With its smooth power plant, crisp handling, and lush interior, the Jaguar F Type is one of the classiest sports cars on the market.

2014 was a great year for the automotive world, but expect more great cars to come in 2015. Look forward to cars such as the Corvette Z06, the Ford Shelby GT350, and the Lexus RC F.