Top seven celebrity highlights of 2014

Photo Credit: Photo via wikipedia.com under the Creative Commons License.
Stealing the heart of people everywhere, royal baby George plays with mom Kate and dad William.

As 2014 comes to a close, it is the perfect time to reflect on the top celebrity highlights of 2014; from the newest albums, to old celebrity faces making a comeback.

Breaking instagram with 2.4 million likes, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West share their wedding picture.
Photo Credit: Photo via globalpublishers.info under the Creative Commons License.

First on the list of celebrity highlights of 2014 are England’s royals, with their announcement of another baby on the way.  After baby George stole everyone’s hearts with his debut, people are patiently waiting the arrival of Kate and William’s second baby in April of 2015.

Second on the list is the abundance of celebrity weddings that hit the stage in 2014.  From Kimye breaking Instagram with 2.4 million likes on their wedding photo, to the quiet, but long awaited ceremony of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.  Another wedding that caught many off-guard during 2014 was that of George Clooney and British lawyer Amal Alamuddin.  With a name not widely known before, Amal definitely walked into the spotlight marrying the heart throb Clooney.

Third on the list of celeb highlights of 2014 is the emergence of Lupita Nyong’o.  Landing an Oscar for her role in 12 Years a Slave, Nyong’o stole hearts with her elegance and beauty, as well as her sweet personality.  Her beauty shined through as she was named Glamour’s Woman of the Year.

The fourth highlight in celebrity life is Blue Ivy stepping on the MTV VMA stage. Until then, Blue Ivy was hidden from the public eye for the most part, Jay Z took a leap and brought their beautiful baby girl on stage to present mommy with the Video Vanguard Award.  Overjoyed for her mother, two year old Blue clapped excitedly for her mother as she thanked them for the honorable award.

Honoring mom with the Video Vanguard Award at the MTV VMA's, Blue Ivy steps into the spotlight.
Photo Credit: Photo via brandaide.com under the Creative Commons License.
Honoring mom with the Video Vanguard Award at the MTV VMA’s, Blue Ivy steps into the spotlight.

Fifth on the list of memorable celebrity moments of 2014 is Taylor Swift’s most recent album, 1989.  Breaking away from her country roots, Swift released her hit album in October of 2014.  To no surprise though, the songs follow her relationship with Harry Styles, and the song “Bad Blood” is believed to be about a problem between Swift and Katy Perry.

Making sixth on the list of celebrity highlights of 2014 is Jimmy Fallon taking over The Tonight Show in February.  With great success, Fallon hits everyone’s TV screens with his hilarious sketches featuring many top celebrities.  From rapping with Justin Timberlake, to hip-hop dancing with Will Smith, Fallon keeps everyone watching enticed.

Last on the list of highlight celebrity moments of 2014 is the comeback of Jared Leto and his amazing hair.  Perfecting his role in Dallas Buyer’s Club, Leto’s impeccable hair leaves an imprint on everyone.  Fans everywhere continue to hope for more amazing hair and Leto moments to come in 2015.

These seven highlight celebrity moments swept the stage in 2014, and leave fans everywhere waiting more amazing moments in 2015.  These next 12 months should be action packed with celebrity moments, stay on the look out!