Kona Grill Hides Amazing Meals Inside

Woodbridge has slowly been gaining as a diverse food community. Lately, a lot of restaurants have been appearing throughout Woodbridge and it has been creating some curiosity. Plus, the metropolitan area is known for having such quality food diversity. Since restaurants are blooming up like flowers, there is one restaurant that has caught the eye of many. And that restaurant is, Kona Grill.

Located in the outskirts of Woodbridge towards the Edison border, Kona sticks out like a glow stick in the dark. The interior décor is very vibrant and welcoming, from the fish tank shining in the entrance from sunlight, to the multicolored lamps that illuminate the dining room. Kona was quiet, yet had some Justin Timberlake playing softly in the background.

The day started off with a small Caesar salad drizzled with dressing and grated parmesan cheese, topped with a piece of cheese that almost looked like a thin crouton.  The salad started the dinner off right because it was a remarkable dish. Portion size did not contribute to the great taste of the salad, both large and small; the salad was still good regardless.

For the main course, a big kahuna burger was ordered, while the guest ordered chicken avocado club sandwich.  Nothing, but excellent. The burger was dressed with Hawaiian bread with tomatoes, lettuce, cheddar cheese, bacon and ketchup. Served with sweet potato fries and a spicy sauce the waitress would not give me the name to. The burger would instantly melt in your mouth while the rest of the toppings added succulent flavor.  When the chicken avocado club came, it was just as good; the chicken was quite tender and tasty. The sweet potato fries were a vibrant orange, yet very crispy and delightful.  And the sauce had mysterious black seeds that increased the spice level of the sauce, but yet, it was enjoyable to dip the fries in.

Dessert was probably the best part of the night.  The dessert was an enormous brownie topped with caramel drizzle, with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top and two raspberries on top of the ice cream. If god wanted to describe heaven to people in food form, this would be his way of describing it. The brownie was so warm that the ice cream would melt with it before it hit your mouth. For only $7 , the dessert is perfect to share, and a great way to top off the dinner.

It would be selfish of me not to recommend or spread the word about Kona Grill. It’s a dinner experience that you would never want to miss out on.