Apple Thinks Bigger with new iPhone Unveil

Photo Credit: Photo by apple.com from http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/ used with permission
Apple reveals it’s next lineup in iPhone, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

On Tuesday, September 9th, Apple unveiled its new lineup of electronics and gadgets for the upcoming year at the media event at the Flint Center, California.

Every year, Apple holds several media events to give consumers a look at the new software and electronics that will come out in the upcoming months. At last year’s special event, Apple released two new iPhones, the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 5S. Both phones brought forward a new movement for Apple, introducing the Touch ID, which is a finger print scanner and allows the phone to be unlocked by using your thumb print. The iPhone 5S also uses the A7 processor, which is the first 64 bit processor, which means more power, yet more energy efficient. The iPhone 5C was the more budget friendly version, which came out in many different colors, but used the same hardware as the iPhone 5.

This year, we saw the brand new iPhones: the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. So, what’s the difference between the iPhone 5S, or the iPhone 6, or the iPhone 6 Plus?

Side by side, the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus feature bigger screens than the iPhone 5S

Lets start with the screen size. The iPhone 5S has a 4 inch retina screen. Now, the iPhone 6 has a 4.7 inch screen and the iPhone 6 Plus comes with a 5.5 inch screen. Side by side, the difference between the three stands out. Along with bigger screens, the new iPhones come with different hardware and cameras. The lock button is now located on the right side of the phone for easier one handed use. The new iPhones also come with new processors, the A8. Graphics are now 84 times faster than the original iPhone, and the processor is about 50 times faster than the first iPhone. Both iPhones come with Touch ID, which allows it’s user to use a thumb print to unlock the device, pay for products online, and adds an extra level of security for the phone. Amongst the list of upgrades is the new iSight camera. The 8 megapixel camera gets an upgrade with Focus Pixels, which allows the phone to focus on objects much faster, and works better with low light. IOS 8 will ship with every new iPhone, which is Apples new version of IOS, and can be downloaded on every iPhone after the 4S.

Pre orders are available on September 12th and will be available for purchase on September 19th. If you upgrade your old phone, you can upgrade to the iPhone 5C for free, the iPhone 5S for $99, the iPhone 6 for $199, and the iPhone 6 Plus for $299.

View Comments (1)