The Witch Hunter Is Worth The Read (No Spoilers!)

On+the+first+week+of+June+2015%2C+Virginia+Boecker+publishes+her+book+The+Witch+Hunter+
Photo Credit: Faiz Silat
On the first week of June 2015, Virginia Boecker publishes her book The Witch Hunter

Author Virginia Boecker is a middle aged woman who is obsessed over English Medieval history. She has recently published the book The Witch Hunter in beginning of June.

The book is about a teenage girl named Elizabeth Grey who is a witch hunter in the land of Anglia. But she is not just a regular witch hunter; she is the best one out of everyone and is on the King’s elite guard. This teenage girl is not just a regular girl, she is deadly. But after a while the king had got suspicious for no reason and is accused of being a witch herself.

Now after she gets accused she gets thrown into jail is given the death sentence. Before Elizabeth’s death in the jail cell she gets a visit from a strange person. The visitor is Nicholas Perevil who is the most powerful wizard on Anglia. Nicholas makes Elizabeth an offer which is he can get Elizabeth out of death if she can do him a big favor. Which is if she can hunt down the wizard who put a curse on Nicholas. Elizabeth takes the offer and sends out to find the wizard and execute her to save her own life.

First off, this book was better than I expected. When I first started reading the book, I thought it was going to be a slow paced book with a lot of description and less action. But, I was completely wrong. This book was a little slow in the beginning but it got better. After Elizabeth went on her journey to find the wizard the book took flight from there. There wasn’t a moment where I was calmly reading the book. It always had me on my toes on what Elizabeth was going to encounter on her journey.

This book was also an easy read. Only had about 360 pages and the words were descriptive yet short and easy to read. Also the book had a few jokes in it which made me laugh a little. Only complain I had for this book was the start. The start was very slow and boring. It almost made me want to stop reading. But as I said it got 10 times better as the story went on.

I would definitely recommend people to read this book because it has a lot of action and is easy to read. If you’re into medieval history I would definitely recommend this book. All in all I would give this book a 7 out of 10.