A super preview of the Super Bowl

February 5th tune in to Fox to watch the Superbowl and the new commercials.
Photo Credit: Photo via wikimedia under creative commons license

As the NFL playoffs come to a close, the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons will battle it out to become Super Bowl Champions.  Fans are eagerly awaiting  the game on February 5th.

2017 will set the stage for the 51st Super Bowl, The New England Patriots have won four out of the eight Super Bowl’s they attended. However the Atlanta Falcons have lost there only Super Bowl appearance. Leading the Patriots is quarterback Tom Brady who isn’t afraid of the spotlight winning four Super Bowls and being named MVP three times. In addition to his post season success Brady is going into the game with 3,554 and 28 touchdowns.

Leading the falcons is quarterback Matt Ryan, he will be making his Super Bowl debut. Despite lacking the experience of Brady, Ryan has managed to to lead Atlanta to having the highest scoring offense in the NFL. Matt Ryan enters the game with 38 touchdowns and 4,944 yards.

Standing in the way of Atlanta’s high scoring offense, is a tough defense of New England.  The Patriots have earned the title of highest scoring defense in the NFL. They have also given up the least amount of points. The Patriots will have a handful with the players of the high scoring Atlanta offense. Running back Devonta Freeman has lead his team with 1,079 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns. Behind Freeman is also Tevin Coleman who helped his team with  520 rushing yards and eight touchdowns. The Falcons have had their way through the air as well.  Julio Jones leads the team with 1,409 receiving yards and six touchdowns. Also helping the Falcons  is New Jersey native Mohamed Sanu with 653 receiving yards and four touchdowns.

However the Falcons are not the only team to put up big numbers. The Patriots have their own weapons to help spell success on game day.  Leading the Patriots on the ground is LeGarrette Blount with 1,161 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns.  Behind Blount in a smaller role is Dion Lewis with only 283 rushing yards and no touchdowns. Julian Edelman leads the Patriots in receiving yards with 1,106 and three touchdowns. Following Edelman is Martellus Bennett with 701 receiving yards and seven touchdowns.

Both teams hold the the tools needed to be Super Bowl winners. The question is, who shows up to play on game day?