• Smart Lunch Test Trial This Friday

• PTO First Annual Indoor Circus Nov. 18th 1-6

• Happy Thanks Giving! 1/2 day of Nov. 21st and NO School Nov. 22nd & 23rd

• Come watch the fall production ¨Our Town¨ Nov. 14th, 16th, & 17th

Avengers Infinity War will leave you speechless

Avengers Infinity War will leave you speechless!

Photo Credit: DeAndre Oglesby

Photo Credit: DeAndre Oglesby

By: Andie Oglesby, Club Editor and Reporter

Ever since Thanos showed up in the post-credit scene of the first Avengers movie, many have been waiting for this film. Now, Avengers Infinity War is finally here! And it’s blowing audiences away across America.

Avengers Infinity War is about the Mad Titan Thanos and his search for the Infinity Stones. The Infinity Stones are six stones of great and unfathomable power. The wielder receives the power of a god when all six are together in the Infinity Gauntlet! And Thanos wants to use this power to wipe out half the life in the universe. But with the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG) on guard, Thanos is sure in for a hell of a fight.

At first, I was quite concerned with how Marvel Studios was going to make this movie work. Infinity War has a humongous cast. It contains almost every single superhero that’s been in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). With a cast this large, you wonder how they’d ever be able to pull it off. But surprisingly, it worked really well.

Now obviously, not every character got the same amount of screen time. However, each character still made an overall impact (especially towards the end of the film).

Out of all the characters I’d have to say that the Mad Titan himself was my favorite. I love how they changed his original origin story so that it’d fit with the MCU. And this new origin story really humanizes Thanos and makes you feel for him. It wasn’t like he was evil just for the sake of being evil. Thanos genuinely believed that what he was doing was for the greater good. That’s what makes a fantastic villain in my book.

Avengers Infinity War is the most suspenseful movie in the MCU. The stakes are incredibly high in this one.  And if you didn’t already know, many characters are supposed to die in this film. Due to the fact that in the comics, many are killed at the hands of Thanos.

Having that thought at the back of my mind while watching Infinity War filled me with a sense of dread. And I’ll be honest, I was at the verge of tears when it was all over.

For the most part, the musical score was great. I always love hearing the Avengers theme. It’s just so catchy and it gets you hyped to see the heroes kick some butt.

Furthermore, throughout Infinity War, the use of music was used to its fullest potential. During action scenes, it got people in the audience on their feet clapping and cheering. And during emotional scenes (especially at the end) it made many in the audience either go dead silent or ball their eyes out. Alan Silvestri definitely did a phenomenal job with this one.

The visuals in Infinity War were on point, especially when it came to Thanos. The CGI they used for him looked incredibly realistic. Almost like Thanos could jump out the screen and get you!

The colors were bright, vibrant, and made each setting stand out on its own. You can tell a lot of detail and thought went into the locations (especially when they’re in space).

The fight scenes were some of the favorite parts of the movie. The one the end is especially epic. Probably the single best fight in any Marvel movie. Even better than the dance off at the end of the first GOTG.

Overall, Avengers Infinity War was a really good Marvel movie. As of right now, I’d put it at third for my favorite film in the MCU. With GOTG being my second, and Thor Ragnarok being my favorite.

As of the publication of this article, Avengers Infinity War is out in theaters. So head down to your local theater and see it as soon as possible because tickets are selling fast.

About the Photographer
DeAndre Oglesby, Senior Editor

DeAndre Oglesby is a 17-year-old from Colonia New Jersey. He was born on December 7, 2000 at JFK Hospital. His nationality is African Bajan American (his...