• Smart Lunch Test Trial This Friday

• PTO First Annual Indoor Circus Nov. 18th 1-6

• Happy Thanks Giving! 1/2 day of Nov. 21st and NO School Nov. 22nd & 23rd

• Come watch the fall production ¨Our Town¨ Nov. 14th, 16th, & 17th

Fright Fest is sure to give you a scare!

Six Flags Fright Fest is sponsored by Snickers.

Photo Credit: Photo Via Visit Lake County

By: Angelina Wintonick, Editor

After a long anticipated period of time, fall is finally here. The cool, swift breezes and leaves of many different colors, have begun to put everyone in the spirit of the transition of the seasons, leading into the colder winter. With these beautiful leaves, and sweater weather, comes many different activities relating to this popular season; from pumpkin/apple picking to haunted houses and hayrides. People all over New Jersey are enjoying the “fall festivities” by traveling all over to different destinations. One of the most popular is Six Flags Fright Fest in Jackson, New Jersey.

For who may not understand what Fright Fest pertains to; it is one of the most visited attractions during this spooky season. Six Flags Great Adventure, is an amusement park located in Jackson, New Jersey. Every year, thousands of people from all over the entire country, visit this fun-filled park, enjoying the many world-class rides and entertaining shows that Six Flags withholds. But during the fall season, Six Flags turns into something out of a scary nightmare, becoming totally Halloween-oriented and one of the most horrifying attractions to visit during the time period.

From September 15 through October 31, zombies and “ghouls” take over the entire park, chasing tourists and sitting behind others on rides. There are many diverse and interesting attractions, from seven different haunted mazes to five different scare zones and hayrides. Other attractions, such as concerts, performances and shows go on during the day.

I recently had the chance to attend Fright Fest, being that I own a season pass to Six Flags for the year. In fact, this was my first time going to Fright Fest. I was a tiny bit nervous to see what they had in store. I ended up going with my sister, and her boyfriend, and had a fantastic time. From the gates of the park, everything that you lay eyes on, is ready for Halloween, and gives off fall vibes. During the day, there is a cool, and calm atmosphere surrounding you.

But once the sun went down, was when I actually did in fact, become scared. Automatically, “zombies and ghouls” are roam freely, throughout the park. Especially what scared me, were the clowns that were on every corner. They were able to follow you onto rides, and essentially be on your heels around the entire park.

I really enjoyed Fright Fest, and would greatly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good scare. It is quite similar to many different haunted attractions, but there are tons of fun rides, as well. The only problem that my sister and I faced, were the lines for the rides. Obviously, there are many, many people visiting all at once, and the lines for rides were especially long. This is the expectation, since this event only comes around for a few weeks, once every year. The park did a great job of creating a fall infested atmosphere, but still will give you a scare!

Angelina Wintonick, Sports Editor

Angelina Wintonick is a 16 year old junior at Colonia High School. She has lived in Colonia her whole life, from attending Pennsylvania Avenue School #27...