Magic of Lights Show at PNC Bank Arts Center keeps the Christmas magic alive for children

By: Kelly Branco, Reporter and Book Nook Editor

PNC Bank Arts Center is an amphitheater located in Holmdel, New Jersey. It holds many concerts and other events around the year but this year they decided to re-open their light show for the holidays. Their light show is called “The Magic of Lights“. It brought lots of Christmas cheer to children but to older people, not so much. Hackensack Meridian Health and Toyota sponsored this event.

Light Show

It rained the day that I went and it estimated that the wait for the line would be about one hour. I arrived there, and I got in after 5 minutes. The price for a car is about $30.

The lights were pretty and had some cute ones like Santa riding motorcycles around the grass. Eventually, the lights turned into fairy tales and then back to Christmas themed lights. There isn’t much to say, it’s just a  drive-through light

show.

At the end, there were lights saying “Merry Christmas” in different languages and the 12 days of Christmas. And the finale is a tunnel of lights.

Holiday Village

In the middle of the lights show, people stop at the “Holiday Village”.  The “Holiday Village” is the VIP area at the PNC Bank Arts Center and decorated for the holiday season. Lots of things are overpriced , especially the activities. For example, in order to decorate a cookie, you had to buy one and only had the option of using green or pink frosting.

The “petting zoo” contained a little circle of animals and these animals had nowhere to go. The “kids maze” is the barriers used for concerts put in a configuration and took about half a minute to figure out. Little kids had lots of fun with these things but for me, I wasn’t having much fun.

I did like that there was a table for Hackensack Meridian Health there and the ladies talked about what it is and gave me a free first aid kit.

Final Thoughts

It was overall a nice experience, but I think this event is more suited towards children. I had my younger cousin with me and she loved it. But I think anyone would enjoy the lights.

Kelly Branco, Art & Music Editor

Kelly Branco is a senior and this is her first year working on The Declaration. Branco is a fan of theater, she loves to perform and watch Broadway shows...