Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year is a movie for all ages

Exciting for the the holidays, Pooh bear and friends get together for some festive fun.
Photo Credit: Photo via Wikipedia under creative common license

Summary

Pooh bear and friends in the Hundred Acre Wood celebrate Christmas and New Years Eve. Two stories unfolded in a 65 minute film. In the first, the family friendly bear plays Santa Claus to his buddies. After failing to send out a Christmas wish list to the North Pole, while identity crisis strikes the gang in the second half. In another tale, Rabbit’s New Year’s resolutions don’t quite pan out, and, as his frustrations grow, his friends do everything they can to get out of his way, even if it means giving up their favorite things.

Movie Info

The run time for this film is 65 minutes. The movie rating is G, for all audiences and viewers. The movies released date is November 2, 2002, the cast included Jim Cummings, John Fiedler, Peter Cullen as the main voice actors. The director Jamie Mitchell The Genreis labled as Family and Kids, which in its own right is perfect for the family.The movie features songs by Carly Simon (who also did the songs for Piglet’s Big Movie and Pooh’s Heffalump Movie) as well as the characters.

Critique

Preschoolers and parents can appreciate and enjoy these sweet, holiday themed tales.  They’re sweet childhood tales about friendship, caring, loving others makes for a heart felt family favorite in my opinion. They also celebrate a respect for experience and wisdom and the importance of taking feelings and personalities into account. The bizarre complications that the group in counter only further emphasizes and puts attention to these common themes. A very heartfelt and tear-jerking experience also awaits by the end of the first part of the special. For those who have grown up watching or even the younger kids today, this movie is a great resonator. The themes and messages the movie convey are pure, lighthearted and friendly. Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year is easily one of the better and more positive Christmas movies out there.