Actors and actresses in the Colonia family

Photo Credit: Photo by Ashley Eisdorfer used with permission.
Due to Ashley’s talent, she won the first Prize, New York Golden Classical Music Awards International Competition.

Being an actress is a very tricky profession to pursue. Being featured in a movie is also hard to do. However, Ashley Eisdorfer and Wayne Girard from Colonia New Jersey overcame this problematic task.

According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2018, the number of jobs available to actors was 64,500 out of 327.2 million people in America. Being an actor or actress is a challenging career to pursue because there are numerous of people who auditioned for the same role. Actors or actresses face a lot of rejection throughout their careers. However, Eisdorfer has beaten all odds just being fifteen years old.

Ashley Eisdorfer

Ashley Eisdorfer, whose stage name is Ashley Brooke, is a teenage actress. Brooke is a sophomore at Colonia High School. Brooke was featured in many TV shows, including Bizaardvak, BullThe Other Two, and many more. Recently Brooke played the role of Piper Keller in Amazon’s Prime movie Troop Zero. Brooke plays the “mean” girl in this film.

Before Brooke starred in TV shows and movies, Brooke acted on Broadway when she was nine years old and was in The Sound of Music’s National Tour.

“I started when I was about two years old in Sundance elementary school. I did a bunch of school plays,” Brooke stated. “There, I realized that I really wanted to act. After that, I got into modeling and voice-overs.”

When Brooke was 6 years old, her mom got her an agent, and her career as an actress began to blossom. Currently, Ashley is signing with CESD Talent Agency.

“I wouldn’t be in the position I am in without the help of my mother,” Brooke stated. “She so helpful and takes me to all my auditions.”

Even though Brooke has been in numerous projects, she still faces challenges. Brooke elaborated on the challenges she faced on pursuing her passion and stated, “When you do an audition, there are a lot of people saying no. You do 100 auditions and might only hear from one of them. But I like acting because it taught me to keep going through all of the rejection.” Brooke pushes through the rejection and continues to follow her dreams.

Although Brooke attends school full time, that doesn’t stop her from following her passion. Brooke’s recently guest-starred in the medical drama New Amsterdam as the role of Shirley Goldman. Brooke’s played the daughter of a medical patient, who the doctors had a hard time diagnosing. Lastly, Brooke has been auditioning for new roles.

Wayne Girard

Wayne Girard is a history teacher and JV soccer coach for Colonia High School. Girard was an extra in the Netflix movie The IrishmanThis film is a mobster movie starring Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Ray Romano, and Joe Pesci.

In this movie, there is a scene where Romano character, Bill Bufalino, daughter, is getting married. Girard was an extra in the wedding scene. If you look closely, you can see Girard in the back of the church watching the bride at the altar with her father in a black suit.

When Girard was asked how he got the role, he stated, “I applied to a Facebook post for casting agencies. It was for that role specifically when I applied.”

After being an extra in the film that won New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Film, Girard decides not to pursue an acting career due to his other careers but would love to play Captain Jack Sparrow, which is his dream role.