• March 20Students should have their school ID on them at ALL times
  • March 20Happy Holi to those who celebrate

Colonia defeats Woodbridge in Boys’ Varsity Volleyball

Photo Credit: Photo via John Paul Galope

The team members of Colonia’s volleyball team consists of David Cabrera, Ohm Shah, Jonathan John, Michael McSorley, Matthew Scherb, and Michael Howell (from left to right). Michael McSorley and Jonathan John are the major players of the game.

WoodbridgeTV

By: JP Galope, Reporter

Colonia defeats Woodbridge High School in a game of Boys’ Varsity Volleyball at home on April 21, 2022. Colonia’s volleyball team is coached by Jennifer Blash and Woodbridge’s volleyball team is coached by P.J. Jacovinich.

Colonia defeats Woodbridge

Mark Cimaszewski from Woodbridge serves first for the first game. Colonia gets the first point and starts strong with two more points. Woodbridge gets a point after Jerry Charles touches the net. Michael McSorely from Colonia helps his team score at an intense fifth game. Joshua Oluremi from Colonia gains them another point. Overall, the score for the first round of the first game is 7-1. Colonia gains seven points while Woodbridge gains a point.

Second round of the first game

Michael McSorley gives his team a head start as a server. After Colonia gains many points, Jake Serrano from Woodbridge High School helps his team get back in the game. Jonathan John from Colonia blocks the ball and helps his team gain two points. Overall, the score for the second round of the first game is 14-2. Colonia and Woodbridge gathers the same points from the last round.

Third round of the first game

Matthew Scherb from Colonia serves an unexpected point for Woodbridge. As a result, Woodbridge gathers more points than in their previous rounds. While Colonia remains victorious with nine points for the first game, Woodbridge manages to get back up again with eight points. Overall, the score for the third round of the first game is 25-10.

First round of the second game

After Colonia wins the first game, Jerry Charles serves first for their first point of the second game. Several intense games later, Woodbridge High School makes a comeback against Colonia High School. Overall, the score for the first round of the second game is 20-19. Shockingly, Woodbridge High School scores more than Colonia High School in the first round with twenty points. Colonia is just a point behind Woodbridge.

Second round of the second game

Jake Serrano serves to a tie for both teams. Colonia has broken Woodbridge’s short-lived moment of victory. Colonia gets an easy point after Mark Cimaszewski serves to the net. Woodbridge gains two points while Colonia gathers three points. They are now at a tie in the second round of the second game with 22-22.

Third round of the second game

Jerry Charles serves for Woodbridge’s tie-breaking point. Colonia gains another easy point after Jeffrey De Leon Vaca from Woodbridge touches the net. Overall, the third round of the second game is 23-24. Woodbridge gets up back again with two points while Colonia gathers a point.

Fourth round of the second game

Michael McSorley serves for his team to overthrow Woodbridge. An intense game leads to Woodbridge being tied with Colonia again. In a sudden turn of events, Colonia has once again emerges victorious for the second game. Overall, the score of the second game is 28-26. Colonia defeats Woodbridge in Boys’ Varsity Volleyball in two games.