So long Colonia High School

Colonia High School seniors are feeling a mix of emotions as they hand in their last assignments and say goodbye to their teachers.
Photo Credit: Photo via All-free-download.com under the Creative Common License

As the school year comes to a close, students become eager to jumpstart their summer adventures. However, the seniors at Colonia High School are feeling a mix of emotions as they hand in their last assignments and say goodbye to their teachers. While we are looking forward to the next chapter of our lives, it is bittersweet to leave life-long best friends and memories.

My Experiences

For me the thought of graduating in three days is exciting yet conflicting. It’s exciting to undergo a new experience and grow into the young adult I aspire to be. Although the idea of never waking these halls ever again leaves me feeling sentimental. Missing out on a large portion of our high school career is something we will never get back. Nobody could have ever foreseen the results of the pandemic, however, critical growth did in fact happen during this time. Leaving as a sophomore and returning as a senior was a tremendous jump.

Finding our life’s passion admist dealing with the terrible affects of COVID-19 is something we should all be proud of. Applying to colleges after a year of online learning and remaining strong many of our classmates went through hardships grew our class bond even closer. First and foremost, I would like to congratulate the Class of 2022 and wish everyone the best of luck in the forthcoming years.

Over the past three years my happiest memories have have been made in Mrs. Allen’s journalism classes. Starting off as a J1, I was timid, however, by my senior year I’ve gained more than just confidence. Mrs. Allen pushed me in all aspects of my life and ultimately helped me find my voice. Not only did our newspaper produce culture striking articles, but we created a bond that turned our classroom into a home. Therefore, I would also like to thank all the members of the newspaper of the last three years for making my time memorable and fun. Working alongside other students that have different viewpoints and backgrounds forced me to look at situations in a different light. This is something I will carry with me for the rest of my life.  I feel putting yourself in other peoples’ shoes is not only important for journalists but for human beings as well. I would also like to thank our viewers for another successful year and I encourage you to keep reading and to continue to share our stories.

Thank you, Colonia High School

So, thank you Colonia High School. Thank you to the teachers and staff that have pushed to strive for high each and every year. To all my friends that I’ve met, that have encouraged me and made so many memories with. All of my mentors outside of school that helped me achieve my dream of dancing professionally. Thank you.

Many of my fondest memories happened in journalism or because of my involvement in journalism. As my time at the paper comes to an end, I will always look out for new articles created by the many talented reporters. Thank you again to my classmates, teachers, and viewers for being apart of my journey. I am forever grateful.