Holiday Gift Survival Guide

Stumped on what gifts to buy? Look no further. Here are some gift ideas for this upcoming holiday season.
When it is the gift inside the box that matters, consult this guide for help with holiday purchasing.
Photo Credit: Photo via Wikimedia under Creative Commons Lincense.

The holiday season is upon us, which means the malls are open later and mobbed with people. Although it’s only November, it’s never too early for some holiday shopping…

Stocking Stuffers

These gifts do not have to be the most expensive ones. They are usually less expensive and small to fit in a stocking. For

The stockings were hung as tradition.
Photo Credit: Photo via flickr.com under Creative Commons License.
The stockings were hung as tradition.

girls, a good option is makeup. The Bobbi Brown Classic On- The-Go Palette, which is only $25.00 is a popular option. It doesn’t have to be the really expensive makeup, it could just be a mascara bought at Walgreens. 1989, Taylor Swift’s new album is inexpensive and will be overplayed in one’s car in a matter of days. Sold for only $9.99 at Target, most would love this gift.

A cute gift idea is a new item called a head massager. It is inexpensive and can be purchased at Urban Outfitters for only $6.00. If you are unfamiliar with this item, it looks like an egg beater.

Slippers are great gifts for any person. Medium priced slippers can be purchased at Target for about $20.00.

Electronic gifts

In this day and age, technology is a big part of everyday life. Most people have some form of technology, cell phones, computers, television, or tablets. A popular item is the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 4 which is $249.99. This is a little pricey, but less expensive compared to other tablets on the market. Beats by Dre are popular headphones, but they can be more than $300. A less expensive alternative are Sony headphones, priced at about $75.00.

Gamers had a good year; new Play Station and new Xbox is what every kid wants.
Photo Credit: photo via wikimedia.com under creative commons license

Gaming systems are always popular gifts and the most popular gift this year is the Play Station 4, which can be purchased for about $370.00. The Xbox One, which goes for about $349.00, is also another popular gaming system. A popular game this year is Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

A new gadget out this year is the Samsung Gear 2 Smart Watch, priced at about $274.99. This smart watch is an actual watch, but it has many other features. It is a music player, fitness tracker and camera all in one.

2014's hit movie Frozen wins the hearts of lots of children and adults.
Photo Credit: photo via blogs.sjs.org-
2014’s hit movie Frozen wins the hearts of lots of children and adults.

For Kids

Presumably the most popular Disney movie at the moment is Frozen. A great gift would be the Disney Frozen Royal Sister dolls, both Ana and Elsa, priced at $29.99.

A popular video game, Just Dance, is releasing a new edition, Just Dance 2015, which can be purchased for at about $54.00.

Gift Cards

Some people can be difficult to shop for, so it is just easier to buy them a gift card. Gift cards allow a person it go the store at their leisure and pick out the item(s) they want for themselves. Some great places for adults would be: Sears, Dunkin Donuts, Lord & Taylor, and Boscov’s.

For the younger generation, some great gift cards are: iTunes, Claire’s, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Starbucks.

There are so many options for gift cards, that they are a great alternative to actual gifts. If the person you are buying the gift card is someone you really do not know that well, a great gift card for them would be the American Express or Visa gift cards. These gift cards can be used at most stores, but be careful, they do expire and there is usually an activation fee.

LATEST, COOLEST, NEW ITEM

The iPhone 6 is pretty much all anyone has talked about for weeks. Although the iPhone 6 is kind of pricey, it is still a great gift to buy for a loved one. The iPhone 6 is bigger and thinner than all iPhones that came before it. It comes with iOS 8 and has a great camera. It also give you the ability to unlock your phone with your fingerprint.

This item can be purchased at Best Buy, and the prices may vary from $199.99 to $299.99. Deals from which ever phone company you have can be made. This is about the price you would be paying.

For Parents

If your parent owns an iPad or an iPhone, they will love a speaker for it. These speakers range in price from under $50 to over $150. It all depends on how much you are willing to spend.

Always remember it isn’t the gift that counts, it’s really the thought that counts. If you are really stuck for ideas, ask friends and family members for wish lists.