Is Glory the best historical war movie?

Photo Credit: Photo via: Hulu under creative commons license
The ones who played as a Civil War reenactor did so just like in the war being voluntarily and without pay. We can see the soldiers in the movie also reject pay after the Blacks get $3 less then the Whites.

“Glory” is a movie that is used to direct and educate people on a part of the war that is usually lesser known and to show the impact the 54th Massachusetts had on the Civil War for the Union.

The film was made to educate people on the struggles of war but also what proving someone wrong is all about.

Description

“Glory” is a movie that takes place in the Civil Way that showcases the Journey of the 54th Massachusetts.

It shows the impact they also had in getting blacks to join the war to claim victory against the south.

The Battle of Antietam truly showcased where all the soldiers’ training led to in their first major battle against the south which gave them a major victory in the war.

Prior they were given intense training that was very tough on them, but it led to creating really strong men not just physically but mentally. 

Later on, we are shown Fort Wagner with a couple of generals being shown to it where they state they need someone to lead the attack, but it will come at a cost.

Robert accepted and they were ready for the night to come and were fully prepared to take their lives for this battle and for their freedom.

They prepare and charge in and stop at nothing to keep moving into battle no matter how many fall.

But in the end, they were all overpowered and all fell losing the battle but even though the North never acquired Fort Wagner. This big moment in the war allowed more Blacks to finish off the battle and end the war for the Union to win once and for all.

Genre

The movie is a war and drama movie showing how the Union and Confederacy didn’t think Blacks were fitted for war but later on proved us wrong and was a key part in winning.

Even though the entire army fell in the end, we saw them struggle and it allowed us to be prepared for the moment just like how they were and how the 54th Massachusetts were ready for a battle they knew they might lose.

Final Opinion

I think that the direction of this movie is great because instead of it being one whole war such as “The Patriot,” it was just a few battles and one key part of an army which allowed the characters to grow and be more fleshed out rather than cutting away between many battles across many years.

The acting was amazing and we could truly feel for the characters during their wins and losses.

Overall, I believe that this was the best historical war movie and I would highly suggest it to anyone interested in American history.