Colonia Beats Piscataway on the soccer field

Photo Credit: Photo via: https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/34/104800012_7d59e20f1e_b.jpg
The soccer ball as it’s waiting to be kicked around.

On October 22nd Colonia soccer took on Piscataway at Colonia High School. It was the first round of the county tournament. Colonia walked in with a 7-7-1 record while Piscataway came in with a 3-14-1 record.

Coming in, the leading goal scorer for Colonia was Kevin Orrego with 7 goals while the leading goal scorer for Piscataway was Victor Bonilla with 8. Up to that point, Colonia goalkeeper Ryan Litterer had recorded 91 saves while his goalie counterpart Andrew Lerner had recorded 91.

Colonia’s most dominant win came against Edison on October 8th. The Patriots won 4-0 with 1 goal coming from Shawn Kabi, 1 from from Timothy Meehan, and 2 from Kevin Orrego. All of their goals came in the 1st half. Piscataway’s most dominant win came recently against Woodbridge Academy on October 20th. The Chiefs won 5-1 with 1 goal coming from Ahmed Khalil, 1 from Alexander Kuchnicki, 2 from Zack Lopez, and 1 from Nick Nieto.

Coming into the match, Colonia had a home record of 3-4-1 while Piscataway had an away record of 0-9. The Pats were the 4th place in the White Division while the Chiefs were the 8th place team in the Red. Colonia’s division record was 6-7-1 with a 2-0 win against South River on November 14th. Piscataway’s division record was 1-12-1 with a 5-2 loss to Spotswood on November 4th, a 1-0 win against Edison on October 3rd, a 3-2 loss to Perth Amboy on October 10th, and a 5-1 win against Woodbridge Academy on October 20th.

The match was set for a 6:00 P.M. kickoff. Under the lights, Colonia won by the score of 2-0. In total, Colonia recorded seven shots on goal. One was scored by Shawn Kabi at the 33rd minute off of a pass by Jimmy Nunez and the other by Carlos Goncalves in the 45th minute off of an assist by Timothy Meehan. Colonia goalkeeper Ryan Litterer recorded five saves for his 7th shutout of the season.