Prepare for Prom with Prom Fashion Show

Photo Credit: Photo by Lors Studios used with permission.
Smiling proudly, senior, Eric Reyes, asks his girlfriend, senior, Bridget Netta, to prom.

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 Colonia High School and The Senior Class of 2014 presented the sixth annual Senior Prom Fashion Show. This year was the first year that Juniors were allowed to model.

The show was made possible by Mrs. Sheehan, senior class advisor, Mrs. Hernandez and Mrs. Meade who are the senior class and prom treasurers. Without their hard work organizing and getting businesses to donate door prizes, and gift certificates the event would not have happened.

The show consisted of three different acts, with a grand total of 20 outfits. Out of the 20, there were 15 Senior couples and 5 Junior couples. It was Colonia’s first attempt in order to add the Juniors into the show, when asked about how they felt that the Juniors were involved Nick Filzen, Junior, explained, “Well, I think it was a great idea. It sets the Juniors up for the show next year; it also helped raise money for the Senior Class, which is also pretty neat.”

The show kicked off with the student moderators, Kaitlin Busse, Christine Kim, and Julia Tamburello, modeling their gowns. The jobs of the student moderators were to introduce the fashion moderators and each model.

Since there were three different acts, there were three different groups of fashion moderators. Their job was to describe each model’s attire and where the model received their complementary salon services such as spray tans, hair and makeup. Act One moderators were Marissa Tennaro and Adriana Wilimberg, Act Two models had the pleasure of being announced by Audris Oh and Christine Szewczyk. The last act was done by Shadreyah Foster and Kimanni Westbrook. Each moderator was a member of the Class of 2014.

During the Prom Fashion Show, students could enter the raffle to win a free bid to the Prom and Cotillion.

In between each act there was an intermission, where door prizes donated by local businesses were given out. Spectators purchased raffle tickets to compete for the prizes. Some of the door prizes were donated by Maria’s Fine Nail Salon, DollFace by DG, Nails by Thony, DN Perfection Nail 2, Body Bronze, D&G Limousine Service, Carmen’s Unisex Salon, Lake Flowers,  Moda 330, and Ducoff’s Tuxedo. The prizes ranged from gift certificates, to free salon services,  to free tuxedo rentals.

During the last intermission, Emma McAndrew, Junior, performed “Young and Beautiful” by Lana Del Rey. McAndrew sat down at a piano and played the entire song.

With the Prom Fashion Show getting the senior class hyped up for prom, one student made it the perfect opportunity to get his promposal in. Senior, Eric Reyes, modeled with his girlfriend, Bridget Netta. When they walked out together, instead of announcing their looks, Tamburello brought out flowers and a sign that said, “Bridget, will you go to prom with me?” Netta was completely shocked and said yes.

The night’s services for the model came from Tanning Hut, Carmen’s Hair Design, Lake Flowers, DG-Limo, Body Bronze Tanning, Panache Salon, Jersey Barbershop, Moda 330, Wild Roots, DollFace by DG. The music was provided by CHS alum DJ Corey Rubel.