Netflix’s new series: Ginny & Georgia. Is it worth the hype?

Photo Credit: Photo via Netflix

Netflix’s new show called Ginny & Georgia has everyone obsessed with the series. This show was released in 2021 and is number 1 on the top 10 list on Netflix. This series has one season so far with 10 episodes. Each episode is around 50 mins, and the age rating is TV-14. 

The show Ginny and Georgia are about one mom named Georgia with 2 kids named Virginia is known as Ginny and Austin. The show starts with Georgia’s husband Kenny’s funeral. Then they moved into a new town called Wellsbury. Georgia loves fresh starts so hence why they moved.  

Who is Georgia? 

In the show, Georgia is more of a laid-back mother. Basically a mother everyone would want. She’s more like Ginny’s older sister than her mother. She cares about her kids but gives them a lot of freedom. Georgia has a very sad past. She ran away from her home because of her abusive father and because her parents were drug addicts. Then she started hanging out with bikers and met Zion, her boyfriend at the time. Then Georgia got pregnant with Ginny at age 15. Zion’s parents wanted the baby’s custody because they knew teens couldn’t handle a baby. So Georgia ran away again and started to work to provide for her child. 

Kenny’s ex-wife is certain that Georgia killed her own husband. A PI named Gabriel follows Georgia and watches her every move. To find evidence that she killed him because he died of a heart attack, and Kenny’s ex-wife thinks Georgia has something to do with it. On the other hand Georgia struggles to pay the bill for the house and sneaks around to get money.  

Who is Ginny?

Ginny goes to her new High School and makes some friends for the first time. Along with having a crush on her best friend’s twin brother. Her best friend Maxine and her crush Marcus live right in front of Ginny so they are neighbors. 

Later on in the show Ginny wants to know her mom’s past but Georgia doesn’t tell her because she wants to protect her. But Ginny does digging and she finds out her mom owns 2 guns and finds her old biker jacket. Then Georgia’s sister appears and Ginny finds out her mother’s name was originally Mary. Ginny gets mad at her mom because she was keeping secrets for her. Georgia also said all her family died. In the middle of the season Georgia starts to have an affair with the Mayor of Wellsbury while Ginny starts to date a boy named Matt but is secretly in love with Marcus.  

My opinion 

I actually love this show, since it has one season I miss the show. All the characters fit the role they were assigned. I was kind of mad at Ginny because she was being too noisy. Like if your mother doesn’t want to talk about her past then don’t get mad about. Like in my opinion she should have respected that. Not to spoil the end of the season but I don’t like how Ginny runs away at the end with her little brother. Like she had such a good life in Wellsbury and if her mom isn’t telling her the truth about how she is she should have confronted Georgia not run away. At the end of the day, Georgia was doing everything for her kids. But besides that, I loved the show. I give it a 10 out of 10. Everyone should watch it, I watch all the episodes without almost falling asleep. This show had me interested the whole time. I definitely watch this show again and keep recommending it to my friends

View Comments (1)