Colonia defeats St. Joes 41-10 on Senior Night

Photo Credit: Meshaal Bannerman
On the new blue turf, Colonia secures another victory against St. Joes of Metuchen.

Continuing what has been a great season for Colonia sports, the Patriots won 41-10 to move to 7-0 on October 24th. Colonia, who have been consistent through the air and on the ground, followed suit this game with 115 pass yards and 108 rushing yards in the first half, which guided Colonia to a 28-3 lead.

Quarterback Tenny Adewusi finished the game 7 for 10 with 135 yards and two touchdowns. Tenny also had 27 yards on the ground and one rushing touchdown. When asked about the win on his senior night, he stated, “It was our last scheduled home game, and it feels good to win here.”

Another senior, Sam Pero, continued what has been a great season for him. He finished with 155 yards on only 12 carries, with a good chunk of his 155 coming on a 75 yard touchdown in the 2nd quarter. Pero also caught a touchdown and had two catches. While the offense put up great numbers, it was the defense’s work which will be greatly appreciated by Coach Roarty.

The Patriots defense had four takeaways and stopped St. Joe’s multiple times in the red zone. Interceptions by Petti, Cardona and Pedrosa made Colonia’s job easier in a blowout. Colonia, 7-0, just needs a win vs New Brunswick or a Carteret loss on Friday to clinch the White Division.