Disney and Marvel’s Big Hero 6

Big+Hero+6+takes+over+%24600+million+on+the+box+office%2C+and+is+now+available+to+purchase+on+DVD+to+take+home+and+enjoy.+
Photo Credit: Photo via comicbook.com under creative commons license
Big Hero 6 takes over $600 million on the box office, and is now available to purchase on DVD to take home and enjoy.

Big Hero 6 is an animated Disney movie that originally started off as a comic that took part in Marvel’s Cinematic Universe. According to comicbook.com, Big Hero 6 is now Disney’s third highest grossing animated film.

Living in the town of San Fransokyo, is Hiro Hamada (voiced by Ryan Potter), along with his older brother Tadashi Hamada (voiced by Daniel Henney). Made by Tadashi, Baymax is a personal healthcare companion that is designed to act as a robotic nurse when one is injured. After a life-changing moment in Hiro’s life, Hiro teams up with Baymax, the lizard-loving school mascot Fred, chemist genius Honey Lemon, blunt and determined Gogo Tomago, and the nerdy and book-smart Wasabi. These five masterminds and one robot eventually fight crime together, and are known as the superhero squad Big Hero 6.

With a  heartfelt and moving plot that can bring some to tears, this movie definitely can have viewers in shock and awe. Scenes such as Baymax and Hiro’s fist bump, or Fred’s allegiance on wearing underwear in every way possible, can have any family holler. Hardcore fans of the original comics have argued that the movie cuts short on a lot from the series, but if you keep a close eye on some scenes, Disney has set a couple of references to the Marvel Universe, and has set other Easter Eggs related to other Disney movies.

It has also been debated that the plot can be a bit too depressing for young kids to watch or even to understand. Because some parts of the movie include things such as gambling and lying, the MPAA has given Big Hero 6 a rating of PG, since some parents may not find the material suitable for their children.

Despite critics saying that the movie is too depressing for kids to grasp or understand, some have stated that the  movie can be used to help parents explain death to their children, and how to cope with someone’s passing.  Another positive that commentators loved was the relationship between Tadashi and Hiro. In today’s society, it is known to be difficult for siblings to get along with each other, let alone be in the same room as each other. In Big Hero 6, Tadashi encouraged Hiro to push himself past his limits, and he would always rescue Hiro when he was in trouble. Hiro in return loved Tadashi, and bonded with him over their talent of robotics. The relationship between these two brothers was so strong that critics have said they seem to have a stronger sibling love that was represented much better than Elsa and Anna’s sibling relationship in the 2013 film Frozen.

89% of Rotten Tomatoes critics gave positive reviews for the movie , making a total of 164 reviews “fresh” and only 20 reviews “rotten”. In conclusion, Big Hero 6 provides a great action and comedy story line and supplies families and friends with lots of laughter and emotion. It is definitely considered a must-see movie of this year.