All students should buy a yearbook

CHS+Yearbooks+are+especially+exceptional+and+highlights+student+life+for+all+grades.+
Photo Credit: Colonia High School
CHS Yearbooks are especially exceptional and highlights student life for all grades.

A yearbook is the physical embodiment of all memories and highlights of your high school career. Your friends are in it, your teachers are in it, and most importantly, your memories are in it.

There is an unspoken belief that only seniors are to buy yearbooks, however, this is not true at all. Buying a yearbook for only your senior year results in lost memories. Underclassmen need to realize the significance a yearbook holds even before they reach their senior year.

The 51st CHS yearbook is going to especially highlight the individuals of every grade says yearbook adviser, Ms. Aochoa, ” This year’s yearbook is going to reflect the entire school and grade rather than just the senior class. ”

For example, spirit week from freshman year holds different memories than during your senior year. This year, Colonia High School’s Juniors were the first ever to win Spirit Week, a historical event that will be marked and looked back on in the yearbook.

Overall, your yearbook is of sentimental value for all of your high school glory.  The best part of buying a yearbook as an underclassman is you’re able to see your own personal growth throughout your high school career.

“It is more than a bunch of pictures in a book, it is an emotional recollection of that year”, says Mr. Cerchio, one of CHS’s yearbook advisors.

More importantly, everyone is in the yearbook. You, your friends, your teachers, your enemies, everyone is in the yearbook. In 10-20 years after you graduate you’re going to look back and want to look at these faces. They are the people who made up the memories of some of the greatest times of your life. They are faces you want to be able to recall.

“It’s always nice to open a book and see the people you’re not going to see for the rest of your life”, Cerchio adds.

Believe it or not, there also clever uses for a yearbook according to TR Big Stick Online  including using a yearbook as a personal phone book. Just ask for phone  numbers during your yearbook signing.

Another reason, is that a yearbook makes smiles. At the end of the year, teachers, classmates all gather together to write nice messages in your specific yearbook. Looking back at the messages from years ago makes it inevitable to form a smile on your face.

“I have a yearbook from each of my years of high school. My parents felt it was important for me to have these memories because they have their yearbooks from Woodbridge High and refer to them all of the time. It is virtually a staple on their coffee table. If they are at the store and recognize someone from high school but don’t recall the person’s name, they look it up when they get home,” explained Mrs. Danielle Allen, English teacher. “Personally, my favorite part of my yearbook is reading the messages people wrote me in my yearbook,” added Allen.

Overall, a yearbook is timeless and for everyone. Colonia High School’s 51st yearbook is on sale now for $85 until the end of November, and will be $100 starting in January.