Justin Biebers Christmas Album: A Bop or Flop?

photo via credit wikipedia
Justin Biebers Under the Mistletoe Christmas album cover.
photo via credit wikipedia Justin Biebers “Under the Mistletoe” Christmas album cover.

The Canadian star, Justin Bieber, was born in London, Ontario in March. He quickly rose to fame in 2008 when his mother Patty began posting videos of him singing on YouTube. In May 2009 he releases his first single One time. It goes platinum in both the United States and Canada.Record executive Scooter Braun sees the videos and flies Bieber and his mother to Atlanta and signs the teen to a contract.

Bieber released first single, One Time, to the radio while Bieber was still recording his debut album. The song reached number 12 on the Canadian Hot 100 during its first week of release in July 2009 and later peaked at number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100. During fall 2009, it had success in international markets. In January 2010, Bieber released Baby, from his debut album, My World 2.0. The song featured Ludacris and became an international hit. It charted at number five on the US Billboard Hot 100, peaked at number three on the Canadian Hot 100 and reached the top ten in several international markets

The former teen star has a net worth $200,000,000.Under the Mistletoe sold 2,250,000 copies in 2011. In 2010, My World 2.0’s opening frame became Bieber’s best sales week, surpassing his previous high, when the first My World sold 157,000 copies over Christmas week of 2009. Then 16 years old, he became the youngest solo male artist to reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200 since Aug. 24, 1963. In June 2011, ranked No. 2, Bieber made it on the Forbes list of Best-Paid Celebrities under 30. He is the youngest star, and 1 of 7 musicians on the list, having raked in $53 million in a 12-month period.

Under the Mistletoe, released on November 1, 2011, is the first Christmas album the Canadian star released. Under the Mistletoe was the first Christmas set by a male artist to debut at No. 1 in the 55-year history of the chart and just the eighth-holiday album to hit No. 1. It debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, selling 210,000 copies in its first week of release. The album’s first single Mistletoe, written and produced with The Messengers, and it released on October 17, 2011.

Mistletoe is one of the only few songs on the album that isn’t a cover. The song features many remakes of classics like Silent Night, Home for Christmas etc.”Under The Mistletoe” includes a duet with Mariah Carey on an updated version of her holiday hit All I Want For Christmas is You. Fa La La, is a new track with Boyz II Men that will appear in both standard and acapella versions. Home This Christmas, features the country group the Band Perry; The Busta Rhymes collaboration Drummer Boy takes an unexpected twist on the classic song. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire), features Bieber’s R&B mentor, Usher. Meanwhile, Bieber stays solo on tracks like Christmas Love, Only Thing I Ever Get for Christmas, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

Overall the album will fill families houses with holiday joy. Even if you aren’t a fan of Bieber, it’s a highly recommended album. Listening to his version of holiday songs is sure to change your view on this artist.  Be sure to add Silent Night to your playlist.His voice flowed from note to note and the few notes played by the piano added the perfect touch. This song featured Bieber the best and showed his true talent. The way Bieber sings is angelic. The stars who collaborated with him to help makes the album become so great